○ chapter seventeen ○

Alec's P.O.V

My head snapped around to see the blue ad red lights flashing. Then I heard the voice I dreaded...

"Put your hands up!" I heard him say through the megaphone. I turned back to Hector and Sam and noticed that they were both frozen. Sam especially.

I noticed Cole and Hayden freeze up to while Winter stood there completely confused.

But I couldn't blame her, she didn't even know our dad...and I had a feeling she shouldn't...

●●●

Sam's P.O.V

"What the hell happened tonight?!" My dad asked and I scoffed and faced the officer that was looking down at me with a grin.

"Keep fucking looking at me and I will poke your eyes out with the bare fingers." I say with gritted teeth as I heard my dad speak again.

"You were always the angry child...guess you haven't changed?" Phillip asked and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Focus on your job or I'll get you fired!"

Phillip laughed loudly and clicked his fingers. "I'll be home tonight. I'm hopefully going to persuade your mom to let me in Harper's room." My dad says and my head shoots up.

"Don't you dare think of coming home you drunk fuck!" I say and stand up. I stick my finger up at him and leave the room where Winter, Alec, Cole and Hayden were standing. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Where is Amanda?" And as soon as I finished my sentence, I saw her walking with Sally, laughing and smiling. I rolled my eyes.

Then what I didn't expect was to get attacked by Winter with a hug. Then she whispered in my ear. "I'm so sorry I put you through all this and I want to apologize-" I hugged her back which made her silent as she rested her head on my shoulder.

I haven't actually had one of these hugs in a long time...

"Come on, let's get you to bed." I say and pick Winter up and throw her over my shoulder. I was expecting some yelling and all but all I heard was laughing.

Oh Winter.

●●●

I walked into the door with Winter in my arms, fast asleep. Her blonde messy hair covered her face and her dress hiked up just a little but couldn't see anything. Wow.

I stopped in my tracks when I bumped into something...

"Samuel Henry Anderson!" Oh god. I knew that tone.

"Hey mom." I say and she furrows her eyebrows then looks down at Winter with a sigh.

"Go put Winter to bed and come down here, I need to talk to you." My mom said and walked towards the kitchen. I rubbed my eye as I felt a yawn coming on.

What time was it?

I walked upstairs and towards her room. I opened the door and walked towards her bed and dropped her down softly and pulled the blanket over her but instantly cursed.

She can't sleep in a dress...I'll just get Amanda...or maybe not?

I pulled the cover off her and I bent down, my hand gripping at the zipper until...