○ chapter sixty six ○

Winter's P.O.V

We all watch as the fire brigade waters the fire, trying to make it at least calm down. The hose sprays around the multiple fires that were made and I let out a sigh.

Lucky we all got out of there in time.

"It was done deliberately." Cole says and we all look at him in shock.

"How do you know that?" I ask and Cole shrugs. "I just know." Cole says and we all nod before watching the flames again. A police officer walks to the group of people next to us who were talking about how lucky they were.

Typical.

"Hello ladies and gentlemen, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?" The police officer asks the group and I hear a girl sigh.

"If you really need to." As the girl said this, another police officer stood in front of us. She had long brown hair that was tied up in a pony tail and a pair of glasses covering her eyes.

"Can I ask you a few questions?" The officer asks and we all nod.

"Did you see anyone suspicious around the gymnasium before you smelt the fire?" She asks and I look at Alec who gives me a little nod.

"Actually... yes." I speak up and the lady pulls her glasses down to the bottom of her nose and she raises her eyebrow.

"Do you have a car?" She asks and we nod.

"Meet me at the police station."

●●●

Nick's P.O.V

"I'm so glad we did that." Kate smirks and I nod, grinning at her.

"Yeah, it feels good to finally get revenge but I'm sort of worried because we ruined the night for the other students." I say and Kate rolls her eyes.

"Don't start regretting shit. We did this because of how those people ruined our lives, Nicolas. Remember that." Kate says and I nod slowly.

"Yeah but... I don't know but I feel like it's childish bringing up something that happened ages ago. We acted on that event that happened three years ago, Kate." I say and Kate groans.

"That night, we were both hurt. We were both miserable. We were both a mess. Now it's time for them to realise that they aren't all it." Kate says and I nod.

"Holy shit, is that the police?" Kate asks and I look behind to see a cop car driving towards us and my eyes widen.

"Run towards the park!" I shout, running off into the direction of the park that was to our left. Kate nods and starts to follow but suddenly, I hear her groan and I turn around to see that she has fallen over a large stick that she failed to jump over.

"Get the fuck up!" I say, my eyes widening at Kate. Kate licks her dry lips and go tries to get up but a scream escapes her lips, making me want to run. Kate notices this and glares at me.

"If you leave, it won't get you out of trouble." Kate says and I groan, knowing that it was true. I run towards her and help her up but as soon as she stands, we hear a voice behind us.

"Get on the ground, now!"

Shit.

●●●

Winter's P.O.V

We are currently sitting in the chairs of the police station in silence. Everyone hasn't said a word about anything but I was fine with that. Suddenly, the front doors of the police station open, revealing two people who look absolutely terrified for their lives.