1 1

Winter's P.O.V

I lay my towel out on the sand, feeling the sun rays burn on my skin. Once I sit down, I notice Amanda and Hayden splashing each other in the waves. It makes me smile a little as I realise that they look happy, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about Amanda jumping into a relationship with Hayden so quickly.

Sam groans beside me, throwing his arm over his eyes to cover his face from the sun. I readjust my sunglasses and lay down, beginning to relax.

"Winter." Sam calls, making me turn my head to look at him. "You have another pair?"

"Nope." I reply with a chuckle. I did have another but I don't think Amanda would approve of him wearing what belonged to her.

I close my eyes and listen to everything surrounding me. The children laughing, the waves crashing, the sun shinning... It really is a good day.

"I can't believe that idiot scratched my car and ran off like a coward!" Cole growls as he blocks the sun, standing in front of me.

"I scratch your car all the time." I laugh, staring at him with a cheeky smile. My eyes catch onto the person walking behind Cole, the face looking weirdly familiar. "Uh..." I mutter, my tone catching the attention of Sam and Cole.

Cole looks behind him as Sam jumps up, ready to start charging at the guy. "Hey!" Sam shouts, starting to run towards him and Cole follows suit. I sigh, getting up and following them at my own pace while the two brothers start screaming.

"Damien! You're so fucking dead!" Sam shouts, his tone cold and venomous as he leaps for Damien's feet, pulling him down to the sand.

"What do you want?!" Damien spits and I walk in front of him. Cole helps Sam hold him down so he can't run.

"Can we talk to your sister?" I ask, watching as Damien's eyes go wide at my question.

"She isn't here! Let me go!" Damien says, his body moving recklessly. After a minute of silence, Damien realises he isn't going anywhere and gives in.

"The ice-cream shop across the road from here. I'm coming with you though."

~ ~ ~

When we walk into the shop, the bell above us rings, catching the attention of the customers and staff. A girl behind the counter with black hair smiles at me. I return it and walk to the counter.

"What can I get for you today?" She says, as I read her name-tag. 'Daniella', it reads.

"A mint chocolate ice-cream come, please." I say and she nods, pressing buttons on the register. I pay and step over to the right, looking at Cole, Sam and Damien.

~ ~ ~

Sam's P.O.V

Daniella stares at me as I walk to the counter, Cole and Damien by my side.

"Hey." I say, watching as Daniella glances down, her hands picking at the apron that she's wearing.

"I know what you want." Daniella mutters, looking back up at me. "I go on my break soon. Just wait at a table and i'll be out soon."

I raise my eyebrow at Damien. He must've told her something. Fair enough. We walk over to one of the free tables and take a seat. Winter joins us not long after, her ice-cream in her hand.

We wait for five minutes until Daniella walks out the door, untying her apron. She takes a seat and places her hands on the table.

"Damien told me you want to talk about Harper." Daniella says, the name still tugging at my heart. "You want my side of the story after so long?"

"Obviously." I say, my eyes narrowing.

"She was carrying my boyfriend's baby at that time. When they started hanging out, rumours spread that he slept with her, resulting in the pregnancy a few weeks later. I got mad and I bullied her. I posted on Facebook and called them out for what they did. Eddie moved towns and Harper dealt with a lot of hate from the people at school. Next thing I knew, she..." Daniella didn't say another word, and I'm glad.

My heart races, trying to wrap my head around the story. I want to hit something or scream at Daniella but I feel Winter's eyes burn into my head, making me look over at her. Her blue eyes remind me of Harper's, somewhat cooling me down.

I look back at Daniella and breathe out a sigh, knowing what I have to do. "Thank you." I say, looking down at the table.

Harper wouldn't want me to yell and make a scene. She hated that side of me. I remember her always scolding me that I needed to stress less, maybe take some anger classes or something. How funny.

"I'll be outside." I say, standing up from the chair. I begin to walk towards the door, knowing that I'm closer to moving on. I don't want to move on from my sister's death but I have to.

She would want me to, anyway.

~ ~ ~

Edited.

-XmysterysmileX