○ chapter forty ○

Winter's P.O.V

"Their gone!" I sobbed as I sat in the gutter. "That douche bag took them! My mother, Becky, Emmaree, Alec, Cole, Hayden... Sam." I mumbled, wiping the tears away from my cheeks, but more tears ran down. I hiccuped and stood up, walking inside to find Bradley.

I find him picking up a picture of Harper. I walk up behind him and look over his shoulder. "You knew her?"

"Of course. She was an amazing girl." Bradley mumbles and I nod.

"Yeah, so I've heard." I smile, remembering all the good things I have heard about Becky's daughter. Harper had her hair down and it stopped at her shoulders. Her tan skin showed off perfectly as she sat on the swing, her eyes twinkling with excitement. She was wearing a yellow floral dress with black flats. I could see that Sam was smiling at her in the backround as he wrapped an arm around a girl which looked so familiar. The girl had red hair and she had green eyes. I narrowed my eyes, trying to figure out who it was and then it hit me.

Sally.

"You remember her, don't you?" Bradley asked, looking at me now. I close my eyes and rub my head.

"Somethings coming to mind..." I say and Bradley shuts up, helping me figure out something.

"Enjoy you two." She said and she looked at me with a nod.

"Winter." She said and walked away.

I gasped and ran my hands down my face. Everything came back, every memory I had with her. I turned to Bradley, wide eyed.

"She caused the car crash!"

●●●

Alec's P.O.V

"Fucking let me out, you sick bastard!" Kelly screams, banging her hands on the door. I walk up to her and bring her hands to her sides, pulling her away from the door.

"Kelly, please. You have to calm down." I say and Kelly turns to me, her tears running down her face.

"I don't know where my baby is! And that dumb fuck is out there laughing his ass off! How the hell can I calm down! I want to get out of her!" Kelly shouts and I sigh, turning to my mom. She nodded and walked over to where we stood and grabbed Kelly's shoulders.

"Kelly, come sit down." My mom says in a soothing voice. Kelly looks back at the door before walking with my mom to the other side of the room.

I sigh and run my hand through my hair. Sam was sitting in a chair, looking down at tge ground. I knew he was thinking about Winter. He cares so much about that girl, I swear. That's nice of him, to actually focus on something other than Harper for once. And Winter definitely meant so much to Sam. You could see it everytime he looked at her.

Cole and Hayden were still knocked out from the chloroform and I knew they would awaken soon, since they were moving slightly.

Emmaree was twirling a peice of string around her finger, over and over again. She did this when she was thinking about important things... I didn't know what but her mind was probably covered in questions.

I sighed when I remembered Amanda and what she had told me. If only she knew about what happened... she wouldn't have left.

I laid against the wall and closed my eyes, letting my mind womder. I knew Winter wasn't captured by Phillip's men because if she was, Phillip wouldn't be outside the door talking and laughing. She was safe... for now.