○ chapter thirty six ○

Winter's P.O.V

"Because I'm in love with you Sam...that's why." My eyes raised as those words left my mouth. It had felt like so much weight had been lifted off my shoulders though. I wanted to tell him and I just did. I felt like he was going to tell me he loved me too like in the movies but it never came. He just stood there with his mouth slightly open. I wanted to just hug him or just hold his hand or just to even know what he was thinking but my heart was racing and I couldn't bring myself to it. I was about to say something but I heard a voice that made want to cry and squeal at the same time.

"Good job Winnie..." I turned my body around smiled at Alec who was smiling back at me. I walked up and hugged him, not even bothering that Amanda, Cole and Hayden ran in, also hugging him also.

"What made you do it?" Alec whispered and Amanda's head shot up in confusion and curiosity. "Made you do what exactly?" I looked up and just as I was about to tell Amanda, Sam was walking out the door and towards the elevator.

I wanted to run, so badly but I couldn't. I had just confessed that I had loved him and he obviously needed to take in what I said...or that's what I think?

I sighed and turned to Amanda who was waiting patiently. I took in a deep breath before saying, "I told Sam I loved him." Amanda's eyes went wide as she looked as me like she just saw a ghost. "What!" I said the same thing before Amanda groaned. I furrowed my eyebrows as she started to pace around the hospital room.

"Something wrong?" I asked my best friend and she just shrugged and looked at me with a frown. "Oh nothings wrong... it's just that I thought you weren't up to it. I might seem angry but I am trying to hold in the-" Amanda cut herself off as she squealed making me chuckle. Amanda hugged me tightly before we were all interrupted by the door opening.

We saw a man who looked to be in his late 30's as he walked in with a clipboard. "Alec Anderson?" I looked at Alec who nodded and the doctor also nodded before writing a few things on the sheet of paper before smiling at all of us. " You can head out in 20 minutes since you just woke up. We need to do a few more tests-"

"I'm fine." Alec says and the doctor shook his head about to speak again but Alec was now glaring at him. "Are you deaf? I said I am fine." Alec sat up before grabbing his phone that laid beside him. He stood up and started to walk towards the door.

Okay, that wasn't wierd at all...

I walked out of the room, following Alec but I couldn't get what happened out of my mind. What was Sam thinking? Where was he going? Is everything going to be okay?

●●●

Sam's P.O.V

I sighed and got into my car. I started the engine as quickly as I could and started to drive. I didnt know where I was going to go but I just needed to get out of there.

Winter loves me. Ugh why couldn't I see it sooner? Am I really that stupid? God, I am attracted to her but I didn't know she loves me. Winter is an amazing girl and I wanted to spend everyday with her, to know her and listen to her life but now what am I going to do? It's going to be so awkward.

"Because I'm in love with you Sam...that's why."

Those 9 words kept running through my head like a broken record. I couldn't think because that's what was running in my mind and even though how hard I tried to find a way for those words to go away, they wouldn't.