○ chapter thirty five ○

Sam's P.O.V

We walked away and the others stepped into the elevator, and surprisingly, Amanda, Cole and Hayden left me with Winter. Bradley didnt like the idea of me being around Winter which I just rolled my eyes at then Hayden grabbed Bradley and took him into the elevator with the others. So now I was currently walking down the stair case with Winter.

She didnt say a word, she never said anything. All I could hear was our shoes hitting the concrete stairs. I wanted to say something that would help a conversation start but I couldn't think of any.

You okay? Nah, she would probably just say 'I'm fine' then we would be back to the silence.

"How's everyone?" Winter asked, breaking the silence which I was very thankful for. I looked at her and shrugged.

"Yeah, everyone's good." I say and Winter nudges my rib making me look at her as she chuckled. I looked into her eyes but not that noticeable so Winter wouldn't think I was a creep, and stared into them. That chuckle didn't sound like she was amused or she didn't want to laugh. She looked as if everything around her was crashing down inside. She looked so sad.

"You know I was talking about you too." Winter says and I nod and wave her off. "You don't need to worry about me." I say and she shakes her head. "You have looked after me, and now I have to do the same to you. It just...wouldnt be fair." She says which makes me furrow my brows but I don't say anything as she just smiles as we continue to walk down the many flights of stairs.

●●●

Amanda hugged Winter tight, as if this was the first time she has seen her in years. I frowned at the thought. Phillip was done with Winter right? He shouldn't come back and harass her, it wouldn't make sense. But then again, nothing makes sense right now.

"You can go son, all is good. Just look forward to a little visit soon. It will be fun." Phillip's last words got to me as soon as they left his mouth.

What the hell does that mean? If he thinks he is going to try something again, he is going to never expect the punch I am going to throw in his face. Winter can't handle all this anymore and I could tell. The way she looked at me...it was so sad. If only I knew what happened with Phillip and Winter before.

"I am never going to let you go again Winter, I swear. If that man even thinks he is coming near you again, I am going to be standing next to you with his grave right next to me. Okay?" Winter slightly smiled and let go of Amanda standing next to her as she nodded.

"Uh, Sam does Winter know about Alec yet?" I looked beside me to see Cole next me with a frown on his face. I face palmed myself. Shit. Now what is going to happen? How the hell are we going to tell her? She was close to Alec and she just got out of that shit with Phillip!

"No, but don't tell her yet. Wait for the right time." I tell Cole and he nods. I look back at Winter to see her looking down at the ground with a frown.

Definitely not now.

●●●

Winter's P.O.V

Ugh.

How in earth am I going to make this easy for everyone? I want to tell them...so very very bad but the words aren't just coming out.

I felt the tears prickling in my eyes as I looked out the window. A small frown was on my face. I didnt want to go with Phillip. I would have said no but I couldn't do that. I just couldn't. Not after what happened with Kyle. I am not letting him hurt anyone else, so that is why I said yes. I had to do this for them.