○ chapter sixty four ○

[ picture of amanda and winter's prom dresses ]

Winter's P.O.V

"Oh my goodness! The prom is tonight!" Amanda says, gobsmacked. I nod and Amanda shakes her head, looking at herself in the mirror.

"I look terrible." Amanda says and I shake my head.

"No, you don't." I say and just as Amanda was about to protest, her phone starts to ring. Amanda grabs her phone and looks at the Caller ID which read-

"Hey mom." Amanda says immediately, placing the phone on speaker while she walks across the room to grab her prom dress. I could hear the worry in her tone.

"Hey darling. Are you out of the hospital yet?" Chrissy, Amanda's mom asks and Amanda looks at herself in the mirror again.

"Yeah, I'm with Winter now though." Amanda mumbles and Chrissy sighs.

"I'm sorry I couldn't visit you. I had to deal with Peter and stupid problems." She explains and Amanda nods.

"Its okay. So why was he there?" Amanda asks and I sit on the bed, watching as Amanda places the dress on the hook on the door.

"He wanted money." Chrissy says and Amanda scoffs.

"Of course. You didn't give it to him though, right?" Amanda asks and Chrissy stays silent. Amanda groans.

"How much?" Chrissy doesn't reply.

"How much, mom?" Amanda repeats and Chrissy sighs.

"I handed him two thousand-"

"What!" Amanda shouts into the phone. Chrissy sighs again.

"Darling, I'm sorry! He kept threatening to hurt you and to... drug you and everything! I'm sorry Amanda!" Chrissy pleads.

"That asshole." Amanda mutters. Chrissy sobs into the phone and Amanda sighs.

"Mom, he won't touch me. He won't come near me and I know that for a fact. You should've just called the police or something instead of giving him what he wants. Now he is going to come more often and get money or whatever because your weak when it comes to him, no offense."

"No, no, it's true. I just... I just don't want him to hurt you like he hurt me." Chrissy says, sniffing. Amanda runs her hands through her hair and let's out a shaky sigh.

"He won't, mom. On the other hand, I have some good news." Amanda says, a small smile appearing on her face.

"Okay." Chrissy says.

"I'll be right back." Amanda says before leaving the room. I furrow my brows and look at the phone, staying silent. Thankfully, Amanda comes rushing back in, but not to fast because of her leg and Nick follows in behind her.

"Hey mom." Nick says and I hear Chrissy gasp.

"Nicolas? Oh my god! How are you?" Chrissy immediately says and I smile at the scene.

"I've been good. Unfortunately, I've got to go since I have to catch up with a few friends." Nick looks over at me and I stare at him, dumbfounded.

Since when was I classified as a friend? He hated me ever since he met me.

"Oh okay. Well, I'll talk to you soon and hopefully catch up some time."

"Yeah that's sound great." Nick says. The siblings say goodbye to their mom and then Amanda hangs up the phone. Nick walks over to me and pats my cheek.