iv.

I get up from my seat with Heather. We had our bags with us and Cameron went ahead to pay for our food. I kept my head down and followed Heather's footsteps.

I lost sight of Heather's footsteps. I see new footsteps in front of me, and then I bump into someone. 

"Sorry," a familiar voice says.

I don't even bother answering back and looked up a bit to find the exit. I walked out of the restaurant while Heather was calling Ethan to come pick us up. Call me rude, but normally I'd be saying it's okay or something. But I heard that voice, and I cannot speak to him, let alone be around him. I'm not prepared to be near his presence. I mean imagine facing your catfish after years of not seeing them.

On the bright side, at least it wasn't a thirty-five year old single man who's thirsty and needed to attack an innocent teenage girl. I'm just not prepared to do it yet. Besides, I want my break to be the best, and drama free. I want to spend it with the important people in my life.

Cameron comes out of the restaurant. "Sorry it took so long. Grayson saw me and you know how brothers are. He did tell me about this rude girl who didn't bother to look up when she bumped into him. She didn't say sorry to him either or any words, she just walked away. He was going to rant to me but I told him to save it for home and to have fun with his friends."

"That girl was me."

Cameron slaps my arm. "Ella, that was your chance to speak to him! And here you are, running away from your past. You need to face it, sooner or later. The sooner, the better."

I see headlights, and I knew that it has to be Cam and the boys. I look at Cameron.

"You're right," I admit.

I look back at the place at a certain window. I see Grayson, chatting with his friends and living his life. He looks at the window, and he sees me. He has a questioning look. I look towards Cameron and Heather. Heather motions me to go in. I take a step in but I was stopped - the boys arrived to where we're standing.

I sigh in defeat.

Heather puts a hand on my shoulder. I turn around and look at her. 

"At least I know you tried," Cameron says quietly. "That's what matters."

"I guess it does."

We head inside the car, and the girls started chattering. Kaspar puts his arm around me and kisses my cheek.

"I've missed you so much you twat," he speaks.

I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Tired?"

"I guess you can say that," I whisper.

"Go to sleep beautiful," he says in assurance.

I close my eyes and I sleep on his shoulder.

After a while, I wake up and I see that I'm in my bedroom. I look to see the clock saying 12:14 A.M. Wow, I sure took a long nap in my opinion. I use the flashlight on my phone and I get out of my room, careful to not try on Kaspar again. I exit out of my room and I first use the bathroom. Then, I head to the kitchen to grab a midnight snack. 

I eat in silence as I start remembering Grayson. The way he looked at me tonight. Cameron is right, I need to face him. But I'm scared. I'm scared of being rejected, or that things will go wrong. I don't want to lose anything. Not even Kaspar. It'll be probably complicated, especially now that I'm with someone else. Kaspar means the world to me and he's been there since day one.

Grayson, I don't even know what to think anymore. This whole summer was supposed to be the best, and here I am thinking about the boy I liked who catfished me. If only someone understood my problem. I honestly need someone to talk with right now, who'd probably understand me and give me advice.

I'm so torn right now. Whether to face him now, or to wait off. I don't want drama or bad blood. I want a peaceful and fun vacation here. 

I get my phone and I text someone that will probably know how to solve this. Someone who's close to both Grayson and I. I go back to my room, and I am careful to not wake Kaspar or anyone else up. I grab a hoodie and my adidas sandals. I put them on and I go to my backyard.

A few minutes later, I turn around to see the person I wanted to see.

"Hey."

------

OKAY I HOPE THIS FILLER(?) CHAPTER MAKES UP FOR ME BEING A TERRIBLE PERSON AND NOT UPDATING FREQUENTLY. MIDTERMS ARE COMING UP AND I NEED TO SAVE MY GRADES. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING PATIENT. IT MEANS ALOT TO ME AND I HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING THIS STORY.  ALSO, THANK YOU ALL FOR 100+ VOTES, YOU ROCK! IT MEANS SO MUCH THAT PEOPLE ARE READING THE SEQUEL.

anyways, who do you think was the person Ella texted? 

this chapter was inspired by Drifting by Nate Eiesland which is the song that was played by the end of Degrassi: Next Class. It's such a good song and also you should check out the show, it's pretty good.

12 votes and 6 comments for the next chapter