x.

"This is so good," I say in satisfaction as I eat chips ahoy! and the original pringles at the same time. 

If you combine these together, you literally get the taste of Chinese food in your mouth. Ethan finds it weird that I have out of the ordinary food combinations. One time, I threw a chocolate chip cookie on my sandwich. It was beautiful.

Ethan looks at me oddly. "Ella you have combinations that scare me. I get so many nightmares from it."

I offer some to Ethan. "Want to try some?"

He scoots away a bit and gives a disgusted look. "No thanks."

"Hey, more for us," Cameron states and grabs some pringles and cookies.

Ethan clicks on the next episode of Once Upon A Time since we are binge watching the show to catch up on it. Cameron and I made him in charge of clicking the next episode when the episode we watch are finished. Ethan's currently watching How I Met Your Mother as he loves that show. We'd watch it with him but we're currently binge watching and eating junk food.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"It's eleven, why?" Cameron asks.

"We're staying up until two thirty."

"Fine by me," Ethan says with a cracked voice.

I stifle back my laughter. "Are- are you crying?" 

"No. Why would I cry?" Cameron and I give him a look. "My throat is hurting from the fear of your food combinations."

"Whatever floats your boat," I mumble.

"So are you pumped for the party?" Cameron questions.

"Who me?" She nods. "I'm pretty excited. I haven't been to parties in ages. I can't wait to be in the hallways as I love to stand there and be away from the crowd."

"So how was it?" Ethan asks.

I pause the show and look at him. "How was what?"

"You and Grayson....you know."

"Oh. Well, it was nice talking to him. I mean I'd like to talk to him more and keep myself on the lowkey. If you think about it, imagine me hanging out with him or something as Ella while I have a boyfriend. Then drama occurs and ugh. I prefer being the girl with a fake British accent."

"You do know that one day maybe that accent will disappear in the middle of talking to him as they sometimes do not last for a long time, especially when you don't naturally have the accent," Cameron points out. 

"I'll pull a 'gotta Niall' if that happens by saying I have a sore throat."

"How are you going to fake a sore throat?"

"All the questions! " I exclaim. "That's easy. I took drama lessons in Britain."

"Right, I forgot you were into theater. I still laugh at Grayson trying out for the part of Troy Bolton in middle school to annoy you since you wanted the part of Gabriella," Ethan says.

"Don't remind me," I utter with disgust.

"So did you get in?" Delaney asks as I check the list.

I said quietly, "Grayson got the part of Troy."

I got the part of Sharpay for the musical. I mean don't get me wrong, even though I did not get the part of Gabriella as I wanted, I still had to be all over Grayson. A hot guy a grade above me named Braxton Kessler was trying for Troy and it would've been beautiful if we were Troy and Gabriella. But Braxton was casted as the extras who would come out when they were needed. It was terrible that he wasn't Troy- he has such a good voice. 

Grayson would tease me before and after rehearsals saying how much I worship him. Just because my character is all over his does not mean that I'm actually all over him.  Like no, my name is Ella Dallas, not Sharpay Evans, get my identity right.

After that musical, of course I was still in musicals.

"I'm glad you two talked," Ethan speaks.

"So am I," Cameron adds in.

I grab my purple bag of Doritos and I begin to eat them as I love spicy food. "I'm actually proud that I talked to him without wanting to rip his head off."

"That's the spirit!" Cameron and I look at Ethan weirdly from his statement. "What, she's not the only one who wanted to rip his head off."

"Fair point. I thought that by now she would've beat you to it," Cameron laughs.

We resume the shows we're watching. We're currently on season one, episode two. Ethan's continuing on where he left off before coming here since he's re-watching the show. After a while of watching Netflix, we ignite the bonfire and make s'mores at midnight. We all share laughter, not caring if the neighbors can see the smoke or if they can hear us. It's all about making memories with the best people in life so you can look back in about a decade or so.

I start cracking some funny jokes while eating a s'more, causing Ethan to accidentally burn the tip of his tongue.  Eh, it was worth it for the books. Ethan's going to have a struggle for the next few days but he'll live. Afterwards, Cameron and I did the chubby bunny challenge, where she won. I spat the marshmallows after sticking like five in my mouth. Ethan was recording it and dying of laughter as I struggled on putting them on my mouth.

Cleaning up my mess of marshmallows a while later, we sat in front of the campfire talking about what our summer expectations were, roasting each other, and singing the campfire song song from Spongebob in an obnoxious voice.

These summer nights will never end with them by my side.

--

35 votes and 16 comments for the next chapter

song that inspired this chapter: Me, Myself and I; G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha

hi guys, i'm so sorry for the long wait! i had loads of homework, essays to do and tests to take. but i'm back (and I know this chapter may have sucked a bit)! is anyone good in algebra 2 because I'm starting to flop on that subject and I need help.

question: who watched Fuller House? For all those who did, are you on team Matt or team Steve?