v.

"Ethan," I smile. "Glad you can come out at.... this hour. I hope I didn't make you mad by waking you up in the middle of the night."

"Nah, it's alright. What's up?"

I go to the bench and Ethan follows me. He sits next to me and we just look at the stars. Ethan is sleeping over while Cameron went home. The reason of him staying was because he wanted to hang out with Cam since they're close. Cam gives him advice and is there for Ethan when he needs someone. He's staying in the guest room.

"Grayson. That's what's up."

"I can tell you cannot stop thinking about him."

"You can?"

"Yeah, it's obvious. I mean Cameron, Heather and I all know. You're lucky that Kaspar is oblivious to this situation."

"I can't bare to break his heart. He's done so much for me and I don't want to throw it away because of some past lover."

"I see where you're going. But Ella, you need to follow your heart. Pull a Maroon 5 and follow the map that leads you to him."

"Nice song reference but you know I'm a Shawn and a One Direction stan. Grayson has probably forgotten about me by now."

"You're funny. You're not getting out of this. One of these days you got to talk to him."

"I swear you and your sister are trying to get me to date your brother."

"That is not true." 

I stay quiet. 

"Okay maybe it is," he mumbles.

"There's plenty of other girls he can go for. I'm not the only girl in this world."

"But remember that no girl can be you. You're the girl Grayson has dreamt of having since the fourth grade when you two disliked each other for I forgot what happened. He's never felt like this for another girl. Only you."

"First of all, he punched me in the eye when we tried doing a cross-over on the monkey bars. He laughed and started annoying me after that. Also, he needs to move on. He can't be stuck living in the past forever. He's got to find someone else soon. I mean I already did."

"You liked Grayson?"

"Yeah. I did. But then he had to ruin it by smooching someone else on the second day of school. He changed because of her."

"He didn't kiss her."

"Yeah, right. I saw it with my own eyes. Is it alright if I can ignite the fire pit since it's pretty late?"

He nods and I get up. I go to find the match and we stopped talking. Ethan heads inside to get a few blankets, pillows and refreshments. I put a bit of coal in the fire pit. I light up the match and ignite the pit. I go back to where I was sitting and I wait for Ethan to respond.

"I'm serious. She kissed him. She didn't like how you got all the attention, especially from Grayson. She really liked Grayson but it was only the feeling she liked. She liked the feeling of attention, not love or crushing."

"But-"

"Grayson only liked you the entire time. He decided to pretend to be Bianca when he realized he knew like nothing about you. He did it around when he asked you to go to a Take Me Home concert with him. He wanted to be closer to you. I mean I wouldn't blame him for doing that even though he does stupid things almost all the time."

I look at Ethan. "Ethan I want this summer to be the best. I don't want drama or any love complications. My heart is with Kaspar and his is with mine. I cannot throw it all away."

"I understand."

"He talked with me on the ride home. You were sleeping on Kaspar at that time. He told me how he saw someone who looked an awful lot like you. But I didn't tell him that it was actually you. I knew that it was probably too soon for you since it's been a day since you've came back. Cameron and I have to sneak around now to have Grayson not find out about you."

"Would Grayson be mad if I was here?"

"He will if he finds out we knew but never told him about it. He's always been trying to find closure with you since you've left. We wouldn't let him access our phones in fear that he'll try and talk to you. But other than that, Grayson would be ecstatic to see you."

I look at the flames. "Do you think that things will get better or get worse?"

Ethan yawns and says, "only time will tell." 

"Tired?" I ask?

He nods

I smile at him. "Thank you for staying up with me. All my favorite conversations seem to be always made in the early A.M."

"Anytime. I hope it all works out."

"So do I."

I turn off the flames from the pit and we head back inside. I go back to my room and I fall asleep.

--

I hope you all enjoy this chapter! So I took my first two midterms and I'm just done tbh. I think I'm going to fail this semester rip me.

thank you so much for being patient and for being amazing supporters! I hope you all are enjoying this story overall! what do you want to see happening in Remorse? Let me know your opinions! :)

if anyone wants new shows to watch on Netflix, I suggest watching Degrassi: Next Class, Criminal Minds and Once Upon A Time.

10 votes and 5 comments for the next chapter