Chapter 10: Welcome to the Adventurer's Guild!

There were four golden rules given to Irina by her master for her to follow after she had joined to become an adventurer. Those four rules were as follows:

1. Never kill humans, unless the context had called for it to be necessary.

The rule was especially important for Irina who's internal settings were that she hated humans. In this human city, killing humans would counterproductive and would only contribute to a negative reputation, that is of course unless the context had made it necessary for her to do so.

2. Always keep a pleasant attitude but speak little, unless she was being harassed.

Though it may sound a little odd for it to be a rule, Irina's biggest problem was her attitude towards beings other than her master. Due to Irina's natural physique and presence she was a fairly charismatic individual when seen from afar, but that illusion quickly shatters when they interact with her up close. However just a small change in her personality; if she was more pleasant to be around then her natural charisma would only jump up.

Though for Irina this rule was harder to follow than the first, but she decided to try her best for the sake of her master. Also, though unlikely, were she ever to be harassed she had gotten permission from her master to 'fight back' a little.

3. Never join another party and always operate solo.

This rule existed more for others than it did for Irina herself. Since she was capable, Mordred didn't really worry about what would happen if she was caught up in a dangerous situation. The reason this rule existed was for keeping up appearances of a 'lone, mysterious adventurer' and for allowing Irina to move however she wanted during jobs and missions.

The other reason was that it was easier for her to gain reputation as a strong solo adventurer.

4. Never transform into your true form.

For obvious reasons.

With those four golden rules engraved into her very soul Irina had entered Adventurer Guild's Administrative building. The interior was much bigger and more brilliantly adorned than what Irina had originally anticipated, the place was brimming with shiny decorations, of which the most eye catching were the crystalline chandeliers.

The floor covered by a deep red colored carpet, and although Irina had thought that at least the air inside would be filled with sweaty adventurers that was not the case. The air arguably smelt better and more refreshing than the outside. Apparently there were things called 'mana stones' that many people had used for daily things, with the most popular use being as candles or a light source, then followed by being used as air fresheners.

Perhaps it was because she had arrived just as soon as dinner had ended but there were a lot more adventurers than what she had anticipated. By a glance she could tell that most of these people were here to turn in their day's quests and receive their payment and rewards.

Following her master's instructions she tried to maintain a hearty and pleasant atmosphere whilst also gauging the strength of the other adventurers. From her point of view most of these people were weak, there were a few exceptions but even then she was confident she could beat them without much problem.

Many people stared at her with a mixture of envy and awe at her lavishing armor and crimson great sword. Compared to her's most of their armors were standard issue plate armor or leather armor, depending on their occupation. Irina eventually got up to the counter and even the lady at the front desk stared at her for a solid few seconds before snapping back into reality and addressing her.

"Ah, good evening, are you here to turn in your quest?"

Even though Irina had never set foot into this building before, the receptionist lady had assumed she was an experienced adventurer, how could she not after seeing such pristine and well made equipment?