Chapter 60: The melancholy of an unchained goddess

A brief moment of silence passed indicating the calm before the definite storm. The only sounds coming from the subtle rattling of the metal chains on Xagon's wrists and ankles as she swayed them gently. The figure of their nation's deity in all her solar glory had been revived after many countless centuries; with bated breaths all eyes were locked onto her in heavy anticipation.

Slowly and dramatically Xagon opened her eyes to reveal a piercing blue iris that felt as cold as the ice itself, shooting a gaze that could literally stab through someone if she tried. In fact, it was more than likely she probably had some sort of magic spell that could actually achieve such a feat. It was unknown just how long ago in Xagontetia's history that she was sealed within the Sacred Sword but evident by her confusion it was safe to assume that it was most likely ' a long time ago'.

"My! Your holiness, Goddess Xagon we are deeply graced with your presence! We welcome your revival to our humble country of Xagontetia."

Approaching the startled and cautious goddess the king of Xagontetia walked down from his throne. He welcomed her revival with open arms both literally and figuratively, jeering with a 'pleasant' face that was clearly filled with hidden desires and agendas. However the goddess did not appreciate such a king and glared him down with those same blue eyes that pierced through the thin veneer, revealing the demeanor of a cowardly king. Directed in her eyes were hatred, to what was unknown, but anyone who would carelessly approach would no doubt feel the full brunt of it.

"... Zoura..."

The goddess lowered her head and muttered under her breath. Her shoulders started to subtly shake, perhaps in sadness or anger, or perhaps both. She was starting to remember something but to the onlookers it soon became apparent that she wasn't able to recover the entirety of her memories. In her defense she had been sealed within the Sacred Sword for centuries so a little amnesia was to be expected. However as she uttered the name 'Zoura' her breathing became irregular and haggard with hatred; her aura intensified making everyone around her petrified with awe and fear.

It was merely her unconscious powers that were affecting the world around her but that was enough to knock out most of the soldiers who couldn't stand it. Her movements started becoming erratic, the rattling of chains louder and more disorienting and simply standing next to her felt as though it resurge deeply hidden traumas.

"This is... the goddess of the sun?"

Phantom commented; while her appearance certainly seemed heavenly everything else about her was the complete opposite. After tightly clutching her head in pain she tried to calm herself down by regulating her breathing.

Once she was sufficiently calmed down she looked down at the 'Hero' that had freed her from her sealed state. At first she stared down with a mixture of confusion and worry but she gently shook her head, dismissing any doubts that may have arisen as the side effects of her migraine.

"You... are different, but you will do."

She lowered her standing and whispered directly into Tau's ears.

"Xagon...?"

Tau asked, trying to affirm whether this really was Xagon or not. After hearing many stories about the patron deity of this country of the Sun it would not be surprising if anyone started having doubts after seeing such an erratic figure. She appeared much darker and disorienting than compared to the gentle imagery that she is often portrayed as on the church's decorative colored windows.

Adding to all of the chaos that was the current situation, a small spherical warp in space appeared within the throne room. Several snap lightning arced and the air distorted like a light refraction in the water. Coming out of the warp in space was a certain silver haired prince with a small blue orb in hand. Since he no longer had [divine awakening] active there was no longer the ethereal figure of another goddess looming above him.