Chapter 13: How to effectively set up your pawn

"Wow! I didn't even know that there was an open air hot springs in this place!"

Wrapped around by a single towel, Yda exclaims as she enters the open air hot springs. Though it may have been a little weird to find hot springs in the middle of the city, that was not really the case as actually many inns had such features. This was of course all possible due to the power of magic, creating a localized pocket of changed atmosphere, meaning that people on the outside of the magic's influence wasn't able to see the 'open air' portion.

Basically it was a slightly altered version of illusion magic used to change the atmosphere and ambiance of a localized area. Also the hot springs weren't natural but kept warm with items known as 'magic stones' which had a variety of different uses with substituting a heater being one of them.

"Indeed, but I'm glad that there is one."

Morgana slowly followed after her, also with a towel draped around her. Her long golden hair glistening due to the steam and her fair skin becoming shiny due to the moisture, needless to say Yda wasn't able to keep a straight face. Smiling back at her Morgana dipped her toes into the warm water and slowly entered the warm spring, like a tea bag slowly being lowered into a cup.

And like a tea bag, to Yda, the water had been 'purified' with her mistress's 'purity'. Yda also slowly entered the springs with a satisfied and relaxed look on her face. Her face became flustered, most likely because of the temperature of the water, giving her a big dumb smile plastered over her face.

Noticing this, Morgana giggled to herself. The current Morgana was more than a kilometer away from Mordred thus she was acting entirely autonomously. It would be possible for Mordred to remotely control her actions and see what she does but they could not swap positions unless they were within a kilometer radius of each other.

Though she wasn't Mordred's main body, she too was technically Mordred. While she wasn't exactly tired but after three days of being in this world certainly there was small mental exhaustion. So sitting in a warm, relaxing bath without any worries really did soothe her mind and body.

"Is the water to your liking?"

A voice came from behind her, it was Rena who came to make sure that her patrons were enjoying themselves.

"Yes, quite. Why don't you join us?"

Morgana asked in a pleasant voice.

"I- I couldn't. That would be too intrusive of me!"

Rena was flustered.

"Isn't it fine? It's not like anyone here would mind."

Morgana turned to Yda to see if she thought otherwise but Yda was lost and on the verge of phasing out in this soothing bath.

"A, are you sure?"

She asked to confirm, truthfully she did indeed want to join them in their bath. Though it may not have meant much for Morgana or Yda, for Rena it was the first time she'd been treated so nicely by other people. Almost as though she was a friend, but she knew when to draw the line between friend and patron, but at this very moment, 'perhaps it wouldn't be so bad', Rena thought to herself.

Taking up their generous offer Rena also stripped down to a single towel and entered the springs with them. She felt a tingly sensation inside as she entered the warm waters and soon she too was lost in the tranquil feelings of relaxation.

"Umm, if you don't mind me asking..."

Rena spoke up to Morgana.

"Yes?"