Chapter 70: Audience with the Dragon King

What separated the outside world from the magnificence of the Dragon's Domain was a pair of large iron doors. Beautifully engraved upon them was the abridged history of the Dragon race. Perhaps the reason why there were two Iron doors one after another was because there wasn't enough space for on just one. The doors loudly creaked after each other as they were slowly pushed open with magic to give way to their guests. It was entirely possible to open the door manually but doing so would require an enormous amount of physical strength, thus magic was the simplest solution.

"We'll bring your friends medical treatment so there's no need to worry."

The Dragon King, Aurendra Sinclair spoke, specifically towards Ashen who had a rather disgruntled and dissatisfied look on his face. Both Padan and Caroline had been knocked unconscious after having suffered through the full power of Morialia's [Gravity Well] spell. Since they were here for negotiations Minister Anton had decided not to pursue any reparations for this unfortunate incident.

The negotiation party was guided through the impressive hallways painted and decorated by precious artworks, statues and monuments. Mordred had already seen these through his proxy, Morialia, but to his comrades it was truly a sight to behold. Especially the one with the most interests in these was Irina who was herself a Draconian. It was an interestingly unique conundrum, being born in this world yet also being foreign to its history, thus creating a rift within her mind as to which was her true heritage.

After the grand tour of the Dragon's Domain they were brought to a moderately sized conference room. In which was a large round table and comfortable looking chairs; it was the perfect room to discuss politics. Once everyone was seated down Aurendra was the first to speak up.

"So then, now that we're here I assume that this is a matter of some importance?"

Hearing that, Minister Anton replied with a rather pleasant smile. Despite being rather 'unfortunately' figured he had within him a sort of charisma that made the people around him relaxed. It was a mysterious power that even affected Mordred to some extent; whether it was magic or just a natural aura, it was still fairly formidable and useful for a politician.

"Yes, quite right. Lord Sinclair, I have heard many brave tales of your exploits and it is with great honor that I am brought to your presence. Now then, if you don't mind us getting straight to the point there is a matter that I wish to discuss regarding the future of-"

Before the minister could finish his sentence he was rather rudely interrupted by Ashen.

"I sincerely apologize for this interruption but I believe there is one thing we need to get out of the way before we proceed. It is the matter regarding that small human girl that obstructed our path in here. She first claims herself to be the Dragon King and thoroughly proceeds to impede our progress. I believe a small explanation and apology is in order?"

Ashen asks as he throws a sharp and accusatory glare towards the Dragon King. As he said it was a rather rude statement that did interrupt their core discussion topic. However Minister Anton, trying to hide his smile behind his hands, had decided to allow this borderline insubordinate behavior. Why? It was because the reason for letting Ashen accuse the Dragon King for a wrongful act was advantageous for negotiation purposes. It would mean that they have a small favor on them before they even got into the issue.

"Ah yes, you're quite correct. I shall start with an apology; I do sincerely hope that she hasn't caused you too much damage and if there is any way I can accommodate you, please don't hesitate to speak up. As for whom she is; she is an honored guest here at Dragon's Domain and one that I place even more highly than our alliance with Xagontetia."