Chapter 11: Enter! The clumsy maid and the devilish butler

As the morning sunlight, accompanied by the chirping of early birds flooded into the room of a small in located on the corner of the city, a single man sat on his bed in deep contemplation. His eyes furrowed upwards and dark lines were drawn under his eyes, Mordred, forgoing sleep, he had stayed up all night just thinking about his next movements and how to deal with the obstacles at hand.

He had been wearing his usual attire of a white overcoat and vest, though he would only do so inside the Vardis inn. When leaving he would change into his slightly damaged suit of armor.

"Dragon King... Hywel Knights.... OMEGA ranked adventurers..."

Last night his familiar had come to report on what she had witnessed during her trip to registering as an adventurer. There was also the fact that she asked for permission to burn the place down, which he immediately forbid, but as he had expected it may have been a bit too hard for Irina to work solo on this. However there were no other choices, she would have to deal with it.

In any case Mordred had repeated those three things all throughout the night, just thinking of ways on how to deal with them. Whilst right now they posed no direct threat to him, that would surely change the moment Irina and Morgana stepped up to the public stage. When that time comes it was a good idea to prepare countermeasures for potential threats.

The biggest problem for him right now was that he had no information on them. Not to mention, just from the name alone 'Dragon King' sounded like a tough opponent. However what interested him more was that the adventurers had commented on about how the Dragon King had recognized the group known as the 'Hywel Knights'.

This told him two things, the first being that the race of Dragons weren't hated as much as the demon race was and the second being that the Hywel knights were a bunch to be weary of. In fact, it should be noted that all OMEGA rank adventurers should be kept an eye on, he needed information on how many there were and how strong each individual member was.

Perhaps it was necessary to 'test' the strength of these adventurers. Apparently there was a 'quest request' system where normal citizens could put up jobs on the quest board and adventurers can choose to accept them. Of course this meant that the requester had to pay for the reward of the mission and some of the money would be sent to the Adventurer guild as well as a form of tax.

Naturally the more difficult the job the higher the rewards had to be. That wasn't too much of a problem for Mordred as he had ample of rare equipment, precious gemstones, gold or whatever that he could put up as a reward.

"I guess I have no other choice then."

Whilst he wanted to join the Xagontetian military as soon as possible it was better for him to learn more about his surroundings before doing so. As he was thinking there was a small knock on the door.

"Yes?"

Mordred asked.

"Ah, it's Rena, I was wondering if you wanted to have breakfast."

A soft voice came from beyond the wooden doors.

"Yes, of course I will be down soon."

"I understand then I will get everything prepared."

There were technically only three people in the inn right now, Irina had gone off to the Adventurer's guild early in the morning to avoid the hustling of people. Apparently she hated associating with them that much that she tried to pick an off peak hour to accept jobs. Though Mordred wanted her to operate at the time with the most people for maximum efficiency in gaining fame he didn't particularly want to force her that much.