Chapter 61: The world Phantom only knows

A ghastly darkness harrowed through the gaps of the cities below, filling everything with a dreaded miasma as the patron deity of Xagontetia grasped the city in nightmare. Just as all hope seemed lost to the rampaging of the rogue goddess a light was cast that relinquished the horrors of the goddess' darkness in the citizens' minds. Piercing through the darkened veil of the night's clouded skies; streams of heavenly light stabbed the thicket of the miasma infested shadows that was the capital below. Slaying the darkness and freeing the city from her grasp, a new hope was born in the name of the phantom menace.

Gloriously looming over the desolate ruins that were once the heart of the capital, a heavenly colossus appeared casting light onto the goddess' shadows. A figure that would not surprise anyone if one were to say that it were sent by the heavens themselves, came not to the aid of the goddess of the sun but the villain known as 'Phantom'. With the introduction of a new light the darkness and mental domination by Xagon had been alleviated; many of the citizens regained their consciousness only find their beloved city taken over by horrors worse than monsters.

Unease. Confusion. Sadness. Horror. They felt more dread as they were witness to the scene of light and darkness dancing violently at the heart of the capital. On one side their patron deity that they had worshiped for centuries gripped with uncontrolled anger and darkness and on the other the villain Phantom shrouded and parading with a heavenly light. 'Who was truly the evil one?' confusion overtook them as they saw the harrowing figure of their patron deity clasped tightly in the hands of the gigantic figure of a celestial armored knight.

As the shadows continued to surround them the citizens continued to watch and prayed. But for whose victory did they pray for?

Xagon's infernal fists failed to penetrate through the godly armor of the giant's and unsuccessful in her attempts to land her coup de grace she was captured in a manner most ungraceful. Caught like a rag doll on the pal of the insultingly shiny colossus she furiously struggled to escape but found it nigh impossible with the current level of power at her disposal.

"Do you give up?"

Mordred asked, smiling a most insulting smile through his mask. He made no attempts to hide his overly arrogant posture and tone, especially his wording made it seem as though he had already won. Being so thoroughly mocked only enraged the goddess that much more and her body, that is to say Tau's body, started to immolate with an intense fluorescent purple flame that acted more as an extension and expression of her body and powers. Mixed in with the holographic flame were streaks of blue as the heat was starting to intensify to the point that the hands of the colossus started to melt.

Accompanied by a most ungraceful and ungodly scream from the goddess her raging tantrums became that much more virulent to the point of self harm. Or in this case it was most likely that Tau's body was unable to stand the increasing power of the goddess and thus the signs of physical feedback were starting to show. However that power up was just what she needed as the grasp of the colossus started to falter as its hands could not stand the heat and began melting as though it were ice on a charcoal blast furnace.

'She's getting stronger? I want to see just how deep that rabbit hole goes but this should be enough for now,' Mordred thought to himself, learning from his prior mistakes he chose not to let the situation go further out of his control. The colossus used its other hand to reinforce the grip on the goddess but that was nowhere near enough and with a powerful [Empowered Dark Eruption] spell from Xagon the titanic heavenly colossus was pushed aside as though it were the rag doll this time and crumbled as it fell on the steps of the royal castle.

Even now, after regaining her freedom her powers were continuing to grow stronger. Perhaps it was more apt to say that she was recovering the powers that she had lost during her sealed state. Despite the fact that Mordred had technically been going easy on her by limiting the powers at his disposal he still considered her to be a potential threat. She now regained the ability to levitate; she hovered gently in the air with a small ethereal magic circle appearing beneath her feet. With the increase in strength, next came the visual confirmation as her fists that were burning with a low dark purple suddenly became more vibrant with the same fluorescent violet that she had used before.