chapter 2.

Briar's POV
I stared at the vast building before me for what felt like years. I took another deep breath and pulled the white doors. For every step I took, I could feel more and more eyes fall on me. My stomach churned as I took every baby step. I pushed my sunglasses up and continued to look ahead until I reached the principals office. "Hello, Briar. We just want to welcome you to out school." He said to me with a warm smile. "Hi, thank you." I said as he handed me the schools handbook, rules and my locker keys. He escorted me to the door and I turned around to look at him before turning round once again. "Thanks again, Principal Lockhart." I smiled before taking my place once again in the crowd. I attempted to push past people but unfortunately a third of the students were taller than me. After around three minutes, I finally reached my locker. No one seemed to be around. Sweet. A quiet place. Away from the crowded areas. I hooked my backpack onto the clip and stuffed a couple books in my bag.

Myles' POV
My body was slightly tilted, leaning against the row of lockers near mine. Us guys were laughing, punching each other playfully as we always did. Our conversations usually consisted of soccer, girls and more soccer. I wouldn't dare let them find out that dance was one of my many passions. They'd say it's "gay." They're homophobic like that. All of my friends seemed to be in love. They all had girls. Pretty girls. I mean, there aren't many of those in our school. Isaac says I should find a girl soon, he's probably right. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say I'm desperate but I don't see myself living alone with like - 50 cats or something. Rumours had made their way around that there was a new girl. I wanted to see for myself. I swung my backpack around, over my shoulder and made my way towards my locker. 2338. "I wonder if the new girls pretty." I thought to myself. I hoped she was. My fingers were crossed until I reached my locker. There she was. The locker next to mine. My jaw dropped and Brandon came up behind me. "You're gonna catch a fly." He pushed my mouth closed with a single tap of his finger. "Good luck." He said, walking away before I could response. God, he knows me so well. He knew I was gonna make a move onto this mystery girl.