chapter 9.

// i know briar's sister is abbey in real life but i just wanted to add a new character because yolo :-) \\

Briar's POV
He put on his music and sang his heart out. He was awful, but I could tell he was just mocking. I had heard he could actually sing and play the guitar. I knew he was talented, I could tell. He yawned, casually putting his free arm around me and rubbing my back. I purred, somewhat like a kitten and rested onto his shoulder. Eventually, we pulled up at my house and I took a sip of water, attempting to move away from him subtly. "Hey, how did you know where I live?" I questioned, my arms folded. He smirked. "Babe, everyone's talking about you. You're the talk of the school." He said, lifting my chin with a tap of his finger. "Don't call me babe." I said, playfully but I meant it. "Okay, sweet cheeks." He winked. I groaned and picked up my school bag. "I'll be five minutes." I said hurriedly and slammed the car door behind me. I hopped up the stairs and opened the door to see my nine year old sister Florence. "Ooh! Who's that? Is it your boyfriend?" She mocked, in a fit of giggles. I picked her up and threw her onto the couch. "Who's been giving her soda again? I told you she gets hyper." I yelled and suddenly my mom came running downstairs. "Briar, how was your day!" She smiled, completely avoiding my question regarding Flo's sugar intake. "Yeah, it was good." I nodded and before she could be distracted she pulled the curtains back and peered out at Myles who was still in the car, bobbing his head along to his songs. "Um, his name is Myles. Gotta go. He goes to the dance studio you enrolled me in." I smiled and ran upstairs, grabbing a granola bar on the way past the kitchen. I stuffed it into my purple dance bag along with my pointe shoes, jazz shoes and tap shoes. I also packed some deodorant, hair ties and a spare crop top. Eventually, I ripped off my denim jacket and leggings and slipped into a simple dance sweater overlapping my crop top and booty shorts. "Bye, Flo." I say to my little sister who was doing her homework at the kitchen table. She didn't bother to say bye to me. Who am I kidding, she never does.

Myle's POV
Briar had known in advance that I have a terrible taste in music. I was listening to 'Stacey's Mom' by Fountains of Wayne as I caught a glance of Briar's mom in my rear view mirror. Her mom was pretty but I was in love with Briar, not her mom. Lmao. I groaned. I'm not very patient, so it felt like Briar took hours when she only took around 10 minutes. Hey, she said she'd be back in 5. Liar. I amused myself and eventually she returned and slipped back into the passenger seat. "Cute outfit." I smiled, looking at her pale grey sweater which was cut off at the shoulder. "Thanks." She nodded and batted her eyelashes. God, I love it when she does that. I already had my dance clothes packed, so I decided just to head to the studio. "You excited?" I said, looking at her. "Yeah, nervous though." She replied in a somewhat hushed voice. I slipped my freehand down towards her and our fingers interlocked. I took my eyes off of the road for a second and looked into her big brown eyes. "Don't be." I said and she smiled, looking down at the ground. That moment was indescribable. It was as if everything had just clicked. Just us two, Briar and Myles against the world.