chapter 10.

Briar's POV
I felt nervous but protected as I have Myles by my side. Our hands are still interlocked as we walk through the double doors and into the studio. I was greeted by a smallish blonde woman. "Hi, Briar right?" She said to me and I nodded. "Hey, Myles." She turned to Myles and they casually fist bumped. Myles led me to the 'Dancer Den' where everyone would stretch, hand and get changed between classes. I hung up my bag and sat on the bench, watching as Myles got changed. I couldn't help but stare. I attempted to lower my eyes because I didn't want him to turn around and see me staring. That would be awkward. Eventually, he got changed into his clothes, slipping on his ballet shoes. I figured ballet was the first class, so I slipped on my pointes and began to lace up my right shoe. "Here, let me help you." He said and I smiled at him once again. He got onto his knees and carefully laced up my left shoe and I stood up. "Shall we?" Myles said in a stereotypical English accent. "We shall." I imitated and took his hand. He spun me around like we were in sort of fairytale. Cinderella and the Prince. We laughed the whole way down the corridor until we reached the large studio door. I heaved it half way open and Myles mocked my lack of arm strength. He swung the door open with a light pull. How does he do that? Must be all the push-ups he does. The ballet teacher, Madame Erika. She introduced me to the class and the other dancers responded with a small wave or a quiet "Hello, Briar." Madame Erika spoke with a thick French accent. She explained she was from Quebec where she mostly spoke French. Soon enough, the class started and we all took our place at the barre.

Myle's POV
I was basically falling asleep through Madame Erika's little speech. She talks so much. I'd really appreciate it if she'd just shut up for once. Ugh. She's the worst. She thinks I'm too immature for ballet but she knows I have the best technique in the class. At least I did. Briar is amazing. I would occasionally stare over at her, working with the girls on their pirouettes and fouettés. It's February, meaning our competition season starts soon. I hope I get a duet with Briar. This would mean we'd hang out constantly, dancing together. She's hands down better than every other female in this class and I'd like to think I'm the best male. We'd work well together. I mean our chemistry is obvious and if Madame Erika doesn't see that, she's blind.