chapter 23??

briar's pov;

I patiently awaited, fiddling around with my salad until Myles made his way toward the table I was at. I always felt uncomfortable while alone, it's almost like I feel the need to be surrounded by others just to not feel awkward. Suddenly, I didn't feel so hungry. I wasn't motivated to eat my salad, so I just half heartedly nibbled at the lettuce. "Briar Nolet, how dare you not eat this wonderful salad that has been gifted to you by the Gods above." He said jokingly. I knew he wasn't religious, he was obviously just mocking. "Haha, very fu-" I said before he picked up my fork and shoved some of the cucumber into my mouth. I was both shocked and amused. I found it so hilarious and I wasn't entirely sure why. Tears of pure laughter streamed down my face while I battled with the thin slices of cucumber in my small mouth. Myles was laughing too. I knew everyone around us was staring and snickering too but it was just a blur. It was just me and Myles, it was like no one else was actually there. Myles then dug into his food and I'm not going to lie and say that he's the most classy eater I've seen. How do I put this in a nice way? HE EATS LIKE A PIG. Oh my gosh, I've never seen anyone eat like that in my life, he had a full plate and within seconds every last crumb was gone, literally. He licked the plate to ensure that he had scoffed down every remain. "You've got a little something." I laughed, gesturing the whole area around his mouth. I picked up the napkin which was wrapped around my spare cutlery and wiped his mouth down with ease. Once everyone had finished eating, we made our way out of the hotel and back onto the bus. We were back on the road again.

myles' pov;

As we loaded back onto the bus, Briar had to go to the ladies room so I figured I'd keep a seat for her. I had already called dibs on the window seat so she couldn't argue with that. I ruffled around my bag, trying to find my headphones when a female figure came up beside me and sat down. "Oh, hey Br-" I said, looking towards a girl who wasn't Briar. "Abi?" I said half angered, half shocked that she had sat there. "Did you miss me babe?" She puckered her little lips together. "Um, no." I said, disgusted by her remark. "That seats taken." I said, sitting upright. "Yes, of course silly. It's occupied by moi." She said like I was stupid, giggling like a little girl. "Shut up, oh my god. I'll just move then." I huffed, picking up the bag and moving in a diagonal direction. "Just you wait, pretty boy. Just you wait." I heard Abi cunningly whisper. I ignored her, but if she's planning to do something to Briar; she's in big trouble.