chapter 25

Briar's POV

I couldn't help but feel panicked at the whole situation. This was the largest combination of feelings I'd ever experienced. Regret. I regretted leaving my bag outside of the toilet, where anyone could've taken it. Anger. Who the hell would do such a thing? It was probably someone who knew how important it was too. Panic. Obviously anyone in my shoes would be panicking too I mean, I've lost my passport! How will I get home? Doesn't it cost a lot of money to get a new one? Oh god. Why oh why did it have to happen to me, of all people to deserve this? I greatly appreciated Myles' sincere efforts of trying to calm me down, but it didn't stop my trembling hands or my long train of thought, but one thing did intrigue me; the fact that he had a little idea who might've taken it. Although Myles is a genuine person, it's hard to really know him. If people were books, and I know it's a weird comparison I'd be open, and he'd be the closed. All you see of Myles is the cover, and the blurb written on the back but whereas, with me you'd see everything ranging from expressions, to emotions. He had to trust you, for you to know him. I don't think I know all of the angles of him yet. If I could describe Myles in a certain number of words, one of them would be complex. You never get bored of him, he's full of surprises. Unpredictable, he really is. I marched up and down the small ladies bathroom, laughing everytime I looked up at Myles' "deep in thought" face. Girls would walk in, mortified by the fact there was a boy in the bathroom. It made me feel warm inside, that Myles was willing to embarrass himself by standing in the ladies bathroom, just to comfort me. Boy, he's a keeper.

Myles POV
There was no doubt in my mind that this was an Abi scheme. When you date someone, trust is one of the biggest factors in a relationship; besides loyalty and respect. Abi trusted me and I really got to know her, but did I really trust her? I wasn't so sure. Statistically, 45% of people said lack of trust contributes mostly to difficulties in relationships. I believe this is true, for Abi and I the trust just wasn't mutual. I was stupid. A reckless bad boy who just wanted to sleep with as many girls he could get his hands on. That's not me anymore, Briar has changed me for the better and I cannot thank her enough for that. She's one of the best things that ever happened to me, and I won't let Abi ruin this trip. I managed to calm Briar down and promised her I would handle it. I then approached Abi and sat next to her. "Hey, babe." She smirked, slipping her skinny little hand into my thigh. "Abi, stop this. I know you took Briar's passport." I said, removing her hand from my leg. "I didn't I swear!" She said innocently, batting her eyelashes at me. "Here, check my bag." She pouted and handed me her limited edition Louis Vuitton bag. I nodded approvingly and carefully examined each section of the bag, making sure I didn't miss anything. I checked every pocket, every compartment. Nothing. I gasped, surprised to see the passport wasn't there. "I got my eye on you, Bergman." I said slyly, shuffling away slowly.