chapter 24 ( + announcement )

briar's pov;

I hadn't taken much time to freshen up so I figured now would be the best time to do so. I took out my makeup bag then made my way trough the slim white door into the bathroom. I sat down, humming to myself as I heard a faint tapping of heels come towards the stall. I managed to catch a glimpse out of the bottom of the stall, the shoes were a dark shade of pink. Rummaging could be heard, it was like they were frantically looking for something important. I shrugged and thought nothing of it, it could just be a woman who was looking for her keys or something. But why would she be looking for her keys in a bathroom? This question haunted me for the rest of my time in the stall. Eventually, I pulled the flusher and made my way out. My first instinct was to ensure everything was in my purse which I had left by the sinks and mirrors. Phone, check. That was the only thing that mattered, right? Wrong. My happiness levels dropped from 100 to 0 in a blink of an eye. I felt my heart drop to the floor. My passport. This couldn't be happening. Surely I hadn't lost it because everywhere we went, I checked to ensure it was always safely tucked in the side pocket of my bag. Whoever had entered the bathroom in the last three minutes had taken what mattered most to me as of right now. They had taken what was going to let me travel the rest of the way to the resort. And it wasn't an accident, this was thoroughly planned. Whoever dared do this to me was going to regret it.

myles' pov;
What was taking her so long? This question played on my mind for the long ten minutes that we'd waited. "I'm going to find her." I said to the nearest teacher, a blonde female named Mrs. Wilson. She a single and crazed cat lady meaning she didn't really care where we went. She spent all of her time looking through pictures of her thirty cats. I quickly grabbed my backpack and swung it over my shoulder before jogging my way towards the female Briar. I could make out footsteps, someone was pacing back and forth. "B?" I said, knocking on the paint coated oak door. I didn't wait for a response, I just simply pushed the door and relief washed over me as I saw Briar stranded there. "God, you had me worried.." I said, sighing. "Wait. What's wrong?" I said sympathetically, rubbing her back as she look like she needed some comfort. "Passport. Someone came in here. Gone." Briar said, clearly in a state of pure panic. "Slow down babe. Here, have some." I pushed her hair behind her ear and pulled out a miniature bottle of water that I'd picked up just before we left the hotel. "We're gonna find who did this. I have a little idea who might've done it." I said in a slightly flustered tone, my fists clenched.

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!
Sorry for the shortish cheaper guys, but just tell you guys I'm gonna be writing a new book. It's gonna be mature but not in a sexual manner. It's obviously bryles but it includes themes such as abuse, suicide etc. If you find this upsetting then this book isn't for you. I'm super excited to continue writing this but I'm even more excited for this new book! Hope you'll like!