chapter 27

Briar's Point Of View;

The sun seeped through the curtains, awaking me from my deep sleep. I could parshly remember the night before, but not much. I got up, brushing myself off and made my way into the bathroom with was fitted with black and white tiles. I quietly showered, trying my best not to wake Myles. He would be pretty grumpy if I awoke him, so I thought it'd be best to leave him until we had to leave. It took me about an hour to finish loosely curling my hair and carefully applying nude colors to my eyelids. I figured to go natural, as we were going to be doing water sports anyway. I gripped a glass in my hand and filled it with pure water, spilling some of the contents onto the floor as Myles came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my neck. "Morning, pumpkin." He said, pecking my cheek. "Pumpkin? Please don't ever call me that again." I laughed. "Yeah, sounded better in my head." He said, nuzzling his chin against my hair. I decided to read a book, while Myles got ready. I slipped my sunglasses on, so the sunlight wouldn't blind me. The cabins were literally a two minute walk along the beach from the water sports result, which was a plus. We eventually made it to the harbour, earlier than everyone else which was very surprising. We sat on the wooden bench, patiently waiting on everyone else arriving. Around 10 minutes later, the teachers and the rest of the pupils arrived. We were all given yellow life jackets by our guide, Samantha. She had olive skin, sunny blonde hair and the brightest smile you'd ever see. Samantha split us into groups of 6. I was with Myles and a few other boys. I was the only girl, great. Just great. We all shuffled onto the banana boats, me at the front and Myles just behind me. He securely wrapped his arm around me, smiling sheepishly.

Myles' Point Of View;
I was glad to be paired with Briar and I was also glad to be paired with the boys. They know how to have fun, y'know? Devon, who was located at the back of the banana boat thought of an idea; to shake the boat, so we'd all fall off. So Devon, Jake, Aaron, Luke and I shook the boat as we drifted further into the blue sea, knocking us all off. We were all nearly in tears with laughter, even Briar found it although she didn't intend to get her hair wet. We pulled the banana boat down with us, so the surface of it was coated with water. This meant we couldn't get back on, we kept slipping back off when we tried. Eventually, I managed to hook my arms onto the other side of the inflatable boat and steadily pulled myself up. I grabbed Briar next, pulling her up onto my lap. We looked each other, having the same thoughts. We quickly paddled in the water with our hands, so the boat floated away from the remaining boys in the water. "Bye guys!" I laughed, looking back at them and waving sarcastically. "Suckers!" Briar shouted enthusiastically, also looking back at them. The boys were picked up by the teachers as that was the only boat which had spare seats, so they were stuck sulking at the back of the boat with Mr McDonald and Miss Fleming. Ha. Samantha taught us how to properly ride the boats, and we drifted out to the north side of the sea, where there was a small cliff. I tied the boat to the side of the rock, where we were instructed to and grabbed Briar's hand, helping her off of the boat.

Briar's Point Of View;

I didn't think I would've enjoyed the boat ride, but my stomach honestly hurt so much from laughing and my cheeks hurt from smiling. Seeing the boys faces as we drifted away from them was priceless. Seeing their faces when they were picked up by the teachers, even more priceless. After the two hour lesson, we made our way towards the small cliff at the north of the harbour to eat lunch and take part in some cliff jumping. I wasn't too keen on the jumping part as I'm afraid of heights, but Myles helped calm me as he always did. We sat in our groups on top of the cliff. Myles and I ate our lunch on a blanket I brought and I nibbled the sandwiches Myles made for me. Ham and cheese, my favourite. "These are almost as good as my moms, you've nearly perfected them." I said with my mouth full of sandwich contents. He laughed, wiping some butter from my face. "Thanks, I do try." He said sarcastically, his playful smirk seeping through his lips once again. "Well let's go cliff jumping." He said to me, as I watched everyone else pick up their lunch. We stuffed our spare food into the little basket and filed into the line for the cliff jumping.

Myles' Point Of View;

We were at the back of the line, meaning we had a bit of time to wait before jumping. I took Briar's hand and led her into the brush, just behind were everyone was. "I just want to tell you how much I love you." I said, looking down at the floor then back at her. "I.. I love you too." She said, lifting my chin up with a simple gesture. "I was wondering..would you be my girlfriend?" I said, wrapping my hands around her waist. "Of course I will Myles!" She squealed. As she reacted, I spun her around, before pulling her to the ground. I'm not going to go into detail about what happened next, we were body to body, lips to lips. The best feeling in the world. We were in our own little world, just us. Or was it?