chapter 5.

Myles' POV
The time seemed to pass so slowly. It felt like a millennium before the clock ticked to signify another minute had passed. I slid the note in her direction. She looked at me with her wide brown eyes and turned her attention to the note. I watched her eyes scan the tiny sheet of paper and she turned and looked at me before stuffing the note into the pocket of her denim jacket. The class seemed to go quick after that. We scribbled some notes in our books and read a couple of paragraphs and then the bell sounded, almost deafening us. I stood up and tucked the seat in, heading towards the door. As everyone filed out, I heard a voice come from behind me. "Wait!"

Briar's POV
"Wait! Myles." I called out and he slowly turned around, I noticed him cock an eyebrow. "Yes, sweet cheeks?" He said mockingly and I swung a light punch at his arm. He's been calling me that ever since he saw my moms text that she sent me. "How's school going sweet cheeks?" Grr, mom. Why do you have to be so embarrassing? "2308?" I said, batting my eyelashes innocently. I was referring to his locker number, obviously. "You got it!" He nodded reassuringly and left before I could get a chance to pack away my Chem books. I casually stuffed them inside my bag and strolled to Myle's locker. "Hi, again." I smiled, I noticed a mischievous grin appear on his face. "Why are you giving me that look?" I furrowed an eyebrow. I wonder what he has up his sleeves. "Let's skip next class. It's Home Ec. Miss Curley is as blind as a bat. She'll never notice we're gone." He said, a smirk sewn on his lips. "Alright." I shrugged, not too flustered about his suggestion. I wasn't a goody two shoes anyway, but I knew Home Ec was worth missing. What is the point when I can learn to cook at home? Gosh. There's much better things I can be doing with my time. Like going on a little adventure with Myle's. This was going to be fun.