chapter 16.

Briar's POV
Myles and I sort of lost contact that week. After I slept at his, he drove me home. I obviously thanked him for everything that he had done for me. We attended school, I didn't see him once that week. Was he MIA? Where was he? The truth was. He was with Abi. I wasn't sure why, I had heard from this girl Zoë who was so far up Abi's ass she couldn't see straight. She was one of her little minions, along with Camille and this girl Lexi. Bitches. Some people were saying they were back together, others said Myles told her to back off. I hope they aren't together. It's like a Abi has some kind of hold on him that he can't escape from. The days went on and on. I spent most of my time waiting for a text from him. Sometimes, I would throw my phone at the wall, smashing more pieces off of my previously cracked screen. It's just frustrating you know? Waiting and waiting for someone to text or call. Do they think it's a game? It's definitely not.

Myles' POV
It's really funny you know. How bitches in school spread gossip, just to cause drama or even go as far as screwing up a relationship. The reason why I hadn't texted Briar was because.. The truth is, I was scared. She's so special. Nothing like Abi was. She was so damn predictable, but Briar isn't. She's different. Everyday is an adventure with Briar and I love that. You never know whats going to happen next, it's a thrill. I did go over to Abi's and I made it clear what was going to happen if she or her little minions made an attempt to hurt Briar in any way. Hurt me? I don't give two shits. Hurt Briar? Watch your back. The water sports trip is tomorrow, so I have to get my head together and figure out what I should say to Briar. Eventually, I plucked up enough courage to call her. I scrolled through, found her contact and patiently waited for her to pick up.

Briar's POV
Finally. I rushed to my near broken phone and answered his call. "Hey, Bri." He said, his voice low and husky. I could tell he was lying down. "Hey." I said, attempting to cover up the fact I was angry that he hadn't called. I was relieved now, though. "You got your things packed?" He asked. "Hm, I'm almost there. Get me at 7, babe?" I said, raising my eyebrow. "You got it, blondie. Hey, you called me babe!" He said, it was a first. "Indeed, I gotta go." I said, abruptly hanging up. I missed hearing his voice. I jumped off of my bed, bending down to my suitcase. I threw some bikinis in and ensured everything was packed. My clothes were neatly folded in the case, gosh, mom would be so proud. I set my alarm and fell into bed although I barely got a wink of sleep. I was too agitated and excited.