chapter 19.

« this chapter is going to be short, i think. i've been so busy! »

Briar's POV
Boarding the plane seemed to take forever. The queue was long and the girl seemed to take forever to check everyone's passports and stamp our boarding passes. Eventually, all of us were filing our way down the narrow spaces between each row of seats. Eventually, I sat down in my allocated seat. We weren't allowed to switch, which I personally thought was pretty stupid. I was practically stuck beside a stranger for like nine FRICKING hours. I sat in my seat, 34B. In front of me was a smallish tv screen and a grey remote was stuck to the arm of the chair. You weren't allowed to use them until take off so I figured I would just wait. Eventually, everyone was seated and the air hostesses made the stupid announcements that they always make. "Please fasten your seatbelts.." They say. Yeah, I'm way ahead of you, buddy. Everyone was sat with their seatbelts on anyway, I didn't see the point. Myles was located diagonal from me, every so often he would turn around and flash me a small smile or a wink. He's so cute. The seat next to me was still empty which confused me because Mr. Bolton told me that the flight was going to be full. Them, out of the bathroom walked Abi, lipgloss in my hand. She pressed her glossy pink lips together and took a seat. "Well hey there! Briar right?" She said, giggling ferociously. She batted her eyelashes at me. "Um, yeah." I said, turning away from her. Abi. Of all people on this flight I had to be put next to Abi. Great, this sure is going to be a fun flight.

Myles POV
I had realised that I wasn't going to be sat next to Briar during the flight. The chance was too little, but I didn't stop believing. I was placed closer to her than I thought which I was happy with. Every so often I would turn around and flash her my usual charming grin. She would giggle softly at me as she always did. I fiddled with my watch, figuring I should change it early to the French timezone. I turned around to look at Briar once again and Abi was sat next to her. "Shit." I whispered to myself, biting on my knuckle. Briar was like a ticking time bomb, I could see that Abi was already getting under her skin and she had only been sitting there for approximately four minutes. Abi has that effect on people, but I was immune to that. It's only now that I have realised how manipulative and bitchy she is. I gotta save Briar from that monster. I scanned the area, looking for possible help from someone nearby, no one. Complete strangers, all of the other students were seated behind the curtain. I could only make out Abi's little minions, looking like lost puppies without her. I don't believe in being dependant on anyone. You should be able to get on alone, for you never know what going to happen to the people around you. You could be the last man standing on this earth. You have to survive on your own sometimes.