chapter 8.

Myles' POV
Briar and I ended up staying in the park for hours. We got some hotdogs and a cold drink to cool us down from sitting in the heat all day. We lay in the grass, watching the sun go down and talked. We talked and talked until it was almost 4pm. It was almost time for dance. "So, do you want a ride to dance?" I asked, my hand fishing around in my pocket looking for my car keys. "I can drive myself." She winked and ran ahead, back towards the school building. I groaned as I watched her run down the small, grassy hill. God, she's so unpredictable. I don't know any girl who would deny a ride from me. But she's not like any other girl. She's different. Fantastically different. I casually strolled back through the back entrance of the school. Girls whistled as I walked past, I just flicked my hair and kept walking. Before I could get out of the front exit towards my car my arm was grabbed and I was pulled aside. Shit. There was my Home Ec teacher, standing their with a scowl on her wrinkled face. "Myles Erlick! Where have you been? Skipping class again, Hm? Well answer me!" She yelled. I leaned back, folding my arms. I casually wiped under my eyes from where she'd spat on me. "No. Something came up. I had to see the principal." I said quickly, spinning around and walking away. "I'm watching you." She said sternly and I turned around, winking at her. "Got it." I said with a small nod. I made my way towards my black Porsche. I slipped inside and was startled to see someone sitting in the passenger seat. "Shit! Briar you scared me!" I paused and she burst into a fit of laughter. "Wait.. How the hell did you get in here?" I questioned, interested to hear how she managed to appear there.

Briar's POV
I wanted to surprise Myle's by showing up in his car. I wanted to see his face when he saw me sitting there. I swung my bag around my shoulder and ran way ahead. I cut through the main school building, smiling at anyone who I passed. Eventually, I made it out to his car and slipped a bobby pin out of my hair. I shoved it inside the lock and used the old 'jam and jiggle' method to unlock the car. Myle's took longer than I thought, I figured he had been pulled aside by a teacher. God, I hope he wasn't going to get a detention. I couldn't let him do it alone. Wait, what was I thinking? It's Myles we're talking about. He always manages to dodge his way out of trouble. I sat smugly in the front seat as he entered, amused that I had startled him. "I have my ways." I said mysteriously and his eyes widened. He turned the key and off we went, towards my house.