chapter 28

ahh, it's been so long. i'm so sorry guys!

Briar's POV

The rest of the night was a blur. All I could think about was that I was now dating Myle's, crazy right? I couldn't get the thoughts of how his lips tasted on mine out of my head. I remember, we jumped from the cliff; hand in hand. I was scared but he made me feel safe and I couldn't thank him enough for that. That night, we ate out at a little restaurant nearby but none of that is important anyway. All that mattered, in my head anyway that I now felt complete, that I belonged. I belong with Myles, I know that now. The way he makes me feel, there's just no words to describe it. He makes me feel special. Significantly more special than anyone else has ever made me feel.

|| Following morning

Briar's POV

I started off my morning like I would every other. I got up, showered, got dressed and made myself a warm cup of green tea. Then I sat down at my computer and checked out my social media feed, as every teen typically does nowadays and I see a video, posted by an anonymous account that looked too familiar. Wait. Was what me and Myle's making out on the cliff? It took me a few seconds to process what I was seeing, it also took me time to analyse the caption and the hundreds of comments that flooded in every time I refreshed it. The caption read "Mystery girl getting it on with bad boy Myles." Fuck. Because of the loose clothing I was wearing, it looked like we were having sex. But we didn't, it was just intimate kissing; that's all. I couldn't put into words how I felt when I read that one sentence, never mind all of the comments below it. Hurt, angry, stupid. I should've saw this coming, being the new girl and all. "Myles, wake up!" I cried, afraid to see how he'd react when he saw the video. "What is it babe?" He said, his eyes wide with wonder. He obviously wondered why I was so agitated, and clearly upset by something. In silence, I slid the laptop onto his lap and watched his jaw fall open as the video played on a loop. We both looked at each other, knowing we had the same thought. We both had a prime suspect in mind.