chapter 21.

myle's pov ;

I was frightened, to be quite honest. I was afraid of what was going on in Abi's pretty little mind but I knew one thing for certain, she hurts Briar, I ruin her. It's that simple. During the flight, I forced myself to stay awake. I kept turning my shoulder, my neck aching just to make sure Briar was alright and that Abi wasn't up to something. Nothing. For the duration of the flight, Abi sat there, watching movies and she fell asleep during the last hour. This somewhat concerned me more, I feared she would take action while on the trip. The plain shook slightly and I wrapped my fingers around the armrest. We were about to land, so it was time to fasten our seat belts, put up the little tables and ensure all baggage was tucked neatly behind the seats or in the storage space. I smiled as Briar awoke, rubbing her eyes and cluelessly fastening her seatbelt. Out of the corner of my eyes, I watched her pack away her laptop, headphones and neck pillow. My attention was turned back to the front as the flight attendants began another one of their stupid safety talks. Like, if heard it a million times before. All you do is get a life jacket and slide down the exit slides, simple. My attention span has always been terrible. If something doesn't interest me, I'll completely zone out within minutes. I seemed to leave reality and enter my thoughts, my dreams. I took this time to really think through everything, plan every little detail about this trip. I make it out as if I'm the 'go with the flow' kinda guy, but in all honestly I like to plan things out in my head: give myself a rough idea of how something is going to happen. Soon enough, the plane started to descend and my stomach felt as if it was doing a thousand backflips. I grabbed a paper bag and held it in front of me, just incase. The plane was just seconds from landing when every passenger chanted in sync, '3,2,1,0' as we landed. The crowd roared and the children on the flight yelped as the plane roughly skidded across the floor.

briar's pov;

I grabbed my bag and immediately made my way out of the door nearest to me to stretch my legs. I twirled my hips slightly and wiggled my arms, I had pins and needles and a dead arm, not a good combination. My world seemed to light up as I saw Myles making his way down the staircase leading out of the plane. "Myles!" I squealed, leaping into his arms. He dropped his luggage and swung me around, my arms tightly wrapped around his neck and his around my waist. "That was by far the longest seven hours of my entire life." I huffed, still in his grasp. "I know, babe. I can't believe you got put next to her." He said, pushing stray strands of hair out of my face and tucking them behind my ears. "Let's go, I'm tired." He said, taking my hand. We caught a bus from the Charles de Gaulle Airport to a little hotel nearby. It was a long drive to the riviera, so the teachers decided it would be best to stop there for a rest. Our teachers weren't fussed about boys sharing rooms with girls, which is abnormal for most teachers. Myles and I were obviously sharing. We patiently waited in a small cluster at the reception desk to be attended to. Myles was handed out key by Mr. Milligan and we promptly made our way down the hall to our room. "Go to sleep babe, you must be exhausted." He said, sitting in the bed. I nodded and grabbed my pyjama tank top and shorts, slipping them on in the bathroom. I shoved my hair up and used to hotels toothbrush and toothpaste to quickly brush my teeth. I didn't see the point in having to unpack all of my things to find one little toothbrush when we were leaving tomorrow anyway. I slipped under the sheets, purring softly like a kitten as Myle's stroked my head.