chapter 18.

Myles POV
The bus drive was long. I didn't realise the distance between our school and the airport. It was all okay though, I had Briar by my side. She was reluctant to cuddle me at first, but I have a way with women. Half an hour passed and she was snuggled into my arms, her pink blanket over the both of us. Abi was perched across from us with her new jock boyfriend, Matt. He's on the lacrosse team, didn't make it onto the football team. Ha. Downgrade. Abi would turn round every so often, green with envy. Our teachers are cheap. They refused to pay the little price for the parking for the bus so we had to park miles away, behind a forest. Everyone got off of the bus, dragging their bags along the pebbly walkway. About halfway through the mass of trees there was no path left. Just a muddy mess. Being the gentlemen that I am, I carried Briar on my back so she didn't get her shoes dirty. I could tell she was greatful because she kept giving me motivational whispers into my ear. 'Cmon, Myles. We're nearly there." She would say as I hauled myself up a muddy hill holding bags and a girl on my back.

Briar's POV
Myles set me down on a table in the airport, planting a kiss on my forehead. We still had a couple of hours before hour departure. We figured we'd kill some time shopping and maybe stop for a quick coffee. Myles wrapped a label around each of our bags and we loaded them onto the large conveyor belt. The tall women gave us our boarding passes and everything we needed for the flight. Earphones, a sleeping mask, some socks and a thermal blanket. It was a long haul flight, so they wanted to do everything they could to ensure we were comfortable for the duration of the flight. Myles led me off towards the cluster of shops. "You seem to know your way around here." I said, looking at him. He looked down at me, playing with the ring that was on my finger. "I come here once or twice a year." He said, smiling. I nodded, turning my attention back to the people around us. I stopped outside a large Victoria Secret store. He pulled me, stopping my tracks. "I'm not going in there! B! I've got a reputation to uphold." He groaned, pouting like a little baby. "You're coming in." I said, somewhat sternly. I took his hand once again and practically dragged him into the store. Females dominated the store, obviously. There was only a few men in the store, accompanying their girlfriends. "How about this?" I winked, holding up a lacy, pale pink set of a bra and panties. "Pink is your color." He said, winking back at me and pecking my lips with his. I was just about to put the lingerie down when he pulled it from my fingertips, approaching the counter himself and purchasing it. "What are you doing! They're expensive!" I said, my eyes wide open. He turns around, smiling as if to say "I know, right." Once we were out of the store. I wriggled my arms around him and in a heated moment we kissed for what felt like forever. I can't believe I'm saying this but.. I love him. I really do.