chapter 17.

Myles POV
Today seemed to be the only day that I was a morning person. I practically leaped out of bed, which was extremely rare for me. I'm a night owl, always restless and overly excited at night then lazy and always tired during the day. I wish I wasn't this way, but it's just the way I am. I can only conquer this when I am overly excited. Like overly, overly excited. I beat my alarm clock which was pretty fucking good for me. Pride washed over me as I managed to catch my alarm clock before it sounded. I slipped on a pair of shorts and a casual, navy t-shirt. I pulled on my grey hoodie, Briar's favourite. I didn't bother gelling my hair, Briar liked it soft and fluffy so I did too. I didn't bother checking if everything was in my suitcase, I relied on my mom. I don't do that sorta thing, you know. I basically sprinted out to my car and loaded my trunk with the suitcase. I had to lean against the car frame, catching my breath, it had been a while since I'd played soccer or lacrosse so let's just stay my stamina wasn't at its greatest. I sorta went through a couple red lights, and some stop signs and I was speeding like the whole way. But no one needs to now that, right? I frantically stopped the car outside Briar's house, knocking over a little statue that stood in her driveway. "Oops!" I whispered to myself, picking it back up and putting it in the correct place. I knocked on her door, patiently waiting for her to open up.

Briar's POV
I was thrilled to see Myles standing there, actually on time for once. He was always late for everything. It was nice, him being on time. It showed that he cared about me, this trip. I greatly appreciated it. "Hey beautiful." He said in his usual voice. I practically leapt into his arms and he swung me around. "I'm so excited." I squealed, jumping back onto the floor. He stepped inside and grabbed my bags before putting them into the trunk alongside his. "Tha-" I said, before I could finish he replied with "don't worry about it." Grr, he always does that. The drive to school was short and sweet. We stopped for some doughnuts for breakfast and boarded the school bus. God, I'm so excited for this trip.