chapter 26

After what felt like years, my passport was found in the bag of a nerdy little guy; Aiden. I didn't believe he had taken it, he couldn't steal anything from anyone, he had a literal heart of gold. The teachers frantically searched everyone's bags in an attempt to find my passport, which I greatly appreciated. Without them, I probably wouldn't be where I am now; on the bus going to the resort. Whoever was behind this little scheme, their plan hadn't worked. Ha. Myles seemed to think it was Abi and I mean, it was a reasonable suspicion to have, after all she's done to him and everything. I have a feeling that girl hates my guts, and she'll probably do everything in her power to get rid of me. I ain't going anywhere yet. The bus shook from side to side due to the careless driver who drove through red lights, ignored speed bumps and almost got us all killed after speeding round a corner of a cliff. That was a scary experience, I'm not gonna lie. Now, I've found myself sprawled across Myles' lap, his fingers gently stroking my thick blonde hair. In my left ear was one earphone and in his was the other, we were watching mean girls, a timeless classic. Everyone would stare at us with wide eyes as we both looked at eachother, falling into a fit of giggles. Throughout the duration of the film, we made comparisons to Regina George and Abi. In reality, the two were eerily similar.

Myles POV
I've decided to be a gentleman and look after Briar's bag for her. She is generally quite delirious to her surroundings, so I figured it would be better for both of us if I kept an eye on her belongings. She forced me to watch 'Mean Girls' which I was expecting to be terrible, but we made it fun. Every time Regina said something bitchy, we'd look at Abi then back at eachother, laughing uncontrollably. Abi was the Regina George of our school, and her two little minions were Gretchen and Katie.. or is her name Karen? Well it's one of the two. Eventually, we pulled up at the resort and the sun beated down on us, causing almost everyone to file into the portable toilets to get changed into their shorts and flip flops. Briar and I decided to wait for the queue to settle down, so we took a walk around the cabins. All of the wooden cabins contained two double beds, a sofa and kitchen and an outdoor patio with some firewood. As soon as you stepped out the door of the cabins, you were looking out onto the beach and the sparkling blue waters. Briar's hand was interlocked with mine and we stood for a moment, admiring and taking in our beautiful surroundings. I looked to my side, to see that Briar was not standing beside me any longer. She had already claimed the nearest cabin to the beach, unpacking her clothes into the wooden vanity. I stood there, watching her for a second. Only then I realised, how much of an impact she's had on my life.