chapter 3.

Myle's POV
I casually walked straight towards the new girl, closing her locker with a single tap. I leaned my elbow against her locker and looked at her with a mischievous grin. "Hey, I'm Myles." I said casually, folding my arms over my chest. "And you are?" I said, squinting my eye slightly at the girl standing before me.

Briar's POV
I was startled to hear my locker slam and a boy suddenly appeared. He was most likely another obnoxious boy, good looking though. I removed my sunglasses and stuffed them into the pocket of my denim jacket attempting to show no emotion. "Hey, Myles." I said, flashing a small smile and flipping my hair so it was no longer hanging in my face. I had no intention of telling him my name, he didn't really need to know did he? He was looking at me with wide eyes, scanning me from head to toe. Hopefully he approved of me after his little inspection.

Myles POV
"Hm, you don't want to tell me your name do you?" He said in a husky voice. "You're the mystery girl and you want it to stay that way?" She nodded as I continued. I shuffled closer to her and noticed a sterling silver necklace which was hung around her neck. "Hm.. Maybe I can guess your name?" I then smiled wide, holding the 'B' charm of her necklace in my palm. "Brooke? Bella? Bethany?" I guessed, reading her facial expressions I was clearly getting no where. She let out a faint giggle which was always a good sign. I groaned. "C'mon. Just tell me." I huffed and she gave in.

Briar's POV
I smiled and giggled after he made each guess. "Briar. Like in sleeping beauty." I said simply, looking at him and batting my eyelashes slightly. I could tell he liked my name. It was like his face sort of lit up. I seemed to be meeting whatever expectations he had of me. "So, what are you in next period? Maybe you could show me to my class?" I smiled, revealing my deep dimples on each cheek.

Myles POV
I was sort of relieved to here that she had an unusual name. Briar. How beautiful. I hate cliché names. Like Emma or Emily. Then I took the timetable which was in her hand and read it carefully. "Chemistry, with Mr Mellark. That's my class!" I said. "We can be lab partners. What do ya say?" I said, holding my hand out for her to take. She took my hand and I swiftly guided her through the crowd until we reached the chemistry class.