chapter 11.

Briar's POV
Ballet seemed to drag on. I mean, it's the worst style of dance but any dancer has to put themselves through it as it is the foundation to all styles of dance. If you have impeccable ballet technique, you can conquer the world. I wasn't usually this distracted, but it's kind of hard not to be when Myle's is directly across from you in tight clothes. His dark eyes fell on me and he mouthed "Pizza after class?" I gave him a small nod to signify that I was happy to get the pizza with him. Eventually, Madame Erika concluded the class with another one of her little speeches. "Briar, you did phenomenal." She said, clapping her hands and giving me two kisses on the cheek. French style.  "You have such a mature approach to your skills." She paused, pressing her plump lips together. Her eyes glanced over Myles and then back to me. "I've decided to give you and Myle's the duet. You two must choreograph it and find time to work on it. I'm counting on you." She nodded. Myles and I said in unison, "We won't, Miss Erika." Everyone darted out of the class, their pointed clanking off of the ground. Myles and I waited a moment, until we were alone. He ran towards me, picking me up and twirling me around in his arms. "I knew it." He whispered into my ear. I smiled and pulled his chin forward, leaning in to kiss him. He nibbled my lip slightly and I swatted him away. "Hey! Stop that." I said, laughing. I playfully slapped him on the cheek but it wasn't much of a slap. More like a rough tap. He squirmed backwards and placed me back onto the ground.

Myles POV
Ha. I knew it. I knew she'd give us the duet. How could she not? I could tell that she didn't want me to be a part of the duo but she had no choice. Briar and I were going to be amazing, I was going to prove to her that I am serious about this. I pulled Briar up into a tight hug and twirled her around. I got a little excited and tried to bite her bottom lip. Whoops, maybe it was a bit too much. I probably deserved that slap. I grabbed her by the chest and pulled her backwards, rubbing my knuckles against her hair so her bun was messed up. "You don't slap me and get away with it, babe." I winked, letting her go. She walked towards the door frame and turned back, a smirk across her lips. "Yes I do." She said, stepping forward and slapping me on my other cheek. She had gotten away before I could even catch up with her. Gosh, I'm so in love with that girl.