chapter 14.

Myle's POV
I noticed Abi's disgusted look at Briar. Let me tell you the whole story between us. Abi was my first ever girlfriend. We started dating in seventh grade and I thought she was the best girl in the world. Usually at that age, all boys cared about was soccer and other sports. None of my friends appreciated girls, how beautiful they were. I developed a love for girls at a very young age, you could say I was more mature than my peers. I mean, back then I probably dated Abi because her hair was pretty. I was pretty clueless. Anyways.. that summer in a girl named Ambers treehouse, we played truth or dare and kissed. We then played a game of "if you were stranded on a desert island." It sounds really stupid now, but at the time it was genius. We all loved the game. You basically had to pick who you would choose to take to a desert island and why. I chose Abi, guess why I chose her? Because she was a good kisser, so I thought. Briar is surprisingly better. Anyways, we were on and off for years. She's the only  girl I've really dated and she thinks she has some sort of hold on me ever since we broke up. She would text me, begging for forgiveness. The truth is, if it wasn't for Briar; I probably would've got back with her. Briar saved me from a whole lot of trouble and I can't thank her enough for that. After we had gotten icecream, I thought it would be nice to take her back to my house. "Hey, why don't you come back to mine for some drinks?" I said, looking at her.

Briar's POV
In the car, I could tell Myles was in deep concentration. Something seemed to be bothering him but I decided that it was best if I didn't ask. He suddenly snapped out of his little spell and asked if I wanted to go back to his house. "Sure." I smiled, taking out my phone to call my mom. She would be okay with me going to Myles. She was always encouraging me to date, she thinks of me as a bit of a loner. I'm quiet, that's all. As I expected, she was pleased that I had mentioned going on a somewhat "date" with Myles to the ice cream parlour. She was happy that I had already met a friend, even more happy that he was male. She was trying to hide her excitement though, I could tell. My mom really trusts me. She doesn't care who I get close with, she respects my decisions and truly trusts my judgement. I usually make good decisions, most times. I nodded at him and hung up the phone. We spent the duration of the journey terribly singing to old Justin Bieber songs. "Baby, baby, baby.. OH!" We both yelled in sync. Oh, the memories of being an eleven year old belieber.

Myle's POV
I unlocked the house door with my keys and made way for Briar to enter. It was my plan to bring her back here, so I asked my mom to clean up before she left for work. "Wow, neat place." She said, giving me a quick and cheeky peck on my jawline. I slowly walked ahead of her, basically giving her a tour of my house. I led her upstairs to my bedroom and she made herself comfortable, sprawled out on my bed. I threw both of our bags by the door and moved in beside her. We lay down, her back to my chest, me curved around her, my arms around hers. I snuggle my chin into the hallow between her neck and my shoulder. "Spooning the freaking best!" I say, into her ears. "I agree." She said, stroking my palm with her white tips. I pat her back and she sits up, I pulled out some vodka from my mini fridge. "Let's celebrate an amazing day!" I cheer and pour two shots. We both down them and harshly placed the glades onto my nightstand. We had a race, and surprisingly beat me. She's a pro vodka drinker. I should get some tips from her. I pulled her onto my lap, tickling her. Shot after shot, we both got more and more tipsy. Time for celebration.