chapter 4.

// this is gonna be a reasonably short chapter oops \\

Briar's POV
As we entered the semi-full chemistry class, our eyes carefully scanned the room for an empty bench. All eyes fell on us as we made our way past each bench. "Ah, a new kid." The teacher said warmly. I turned around and flashed a small smile before turning my attention back to Myles who was practically dragging me down the class. We reached our bench and sat down. I could feel my eyes wandering. I wanted to stare at him but he would notice right away. He was so aware of his surroundings, sharp you could say. Every so often I had to focus my attention back to the teacher who would ask me several questions about lessons in my old school. I tried to avoid eye contact and reply with short and simple replies. I huffed and continued to scribble on a blank page of my notebook.

Myles POV
I could tell Briar didn't like the attention being on her. She was so mysterious but you could tell she was shy, although she tried to hide it. The lesson dragged on. Chemistry is like my least favorite subject, but it's better now that Briar and I are lab partners. Unfortunately we weren't doing any experiments during that lesson so I just sat there in my own little world, lost in Briar's hazel eyes. I couldn't help but stare, she is so beautiful. Like so, so beautiful. It was as if as time went on, i started to fall for her even more. She makes my heart skip a beat. I ripped out a page in my notebook and started to write a note for her. "After chem, meet me at my locker :) " I scribbled. It took me a while to decide whether to do a heart or smiley face. Play it cute or cool? I decided to go with cool and draw a smiley. I didn't want her to know I had already caught feelings for her. I didn't want anything to be rushed, to go too fast. I believe everything in life should be taken slow. People should just enjoy the rollercoaster that is life. I stuffed the note in my pocket and waited for the right moment to slide it in her direction.