Chapter 1

Charlie

I took a deep breath and closed the door behind me quietly so I wouldn't wake my dads. Tiptoeing upstairs ever so slightly, I held my breath and made it to my room.

Home free and didn't even get caught, I thought as I opened my bedroom door.

I was faced with both my dads standing in my room with their arms cross and a disappointed look.

"Where have you been, young man?" Dad 1 asked.

I smiled sheepishly. "Uh... library?"

"Sit down. You have a lot of explaining to do, Charlie."

. . .

*3 months earlier*

"Charlie, get your ass up, it's Monday!" Dad called up the stairs.

I groaned and rolled out of bed. I groggily slipped a pair of fresh boxers on and picked a random shirt and jeans out of my closet. God I hated Mondays and school and everything.

Since my lovely brunette hair decided to be difficult I shoved it into a beanie and walked downstairs reluctantly.

Dad was sitting on the couch with his laptop in front of him as he was every morning. He was Lane Hart, the author with three bestselling books and my high school English teacher. He is known to me as my father, Dad 1, or "The Strict One". He was always on my ass about everything.

"Morning, kid." Other Dad kissed the top of my head and put bacon down in front of me.

Other Dad was Sam Hart, the cop. Yeah, even though he was a police officer he was still more lenient with me and let me live a bit. I referred to him as just Dad or Dad 2.

Then there was me, the one and only child. Aka the reason my dads were so overprotective.

"Can I have coffee?" I asked as I scarfed down my bacon.

"No." Dads said in unison.

"Why? I'm a growing, tired, teenager who just needs coffee." I begged.

"And you're still a kid, Charlie. You don't need energy drinks." Dad 1 chuckled as he walked into the kitchen and put his coffee mug in the sink.

I rolled my eyes and chewed my bacon in annoyance.

"Thank you for breakfast, darling." My father said and kissed my dad. Ew, adults kissing! I was eating! And there was ass grabbing too!

I made a fake puking sound. "Gross! I don't need to see my own parents kissing!"

"Fine." My father said with a smirk. "I'll get a piece of ass later, Sammy."

"I'm still here if you haven't noticed! I don't need that image in my head."

"You should get going." Dad said.

I groaned and put my plate in the sink, grabbing my backpack and my car keys.

"Kill me now." I sighed.

"Love you." They both said and hugged me.

I got into my car and drove down the street, parking and waiting for my main bitch. Julia rushed over and practically jumped into the passenger side.

Julia had been my best friend since birth and we've been inseparable since. She had gorgeous chocolate skin and wavy brown locks that matched her eyes. She was absolutely gorgeous and all of the guys in school were going after her. But she was tough and could kick ass like no tomorrow. I was even a little afraid of her.

"Hey, bitch." She smiled and punched my arm after buckling.

"Hey, hoe." I chuckled and started to drive.

"Don't be down, it's Monday!"

"I'm pretty sure you're the only human on this Earth that loves Mondays."

"It's a new day, Charlie. A fresh start. Plus we have a new Math teacher and apparently he's hot as fuck!"

I smiled. I still wasn't sure whether I liked girls, boys, or both but I wasn't in any rush to figure it out. I wanted it to come naturally and not to feel pressured. My dads always said that no matter what gender I loved or felt like, they would always love me.

Walking into school, I listened as Julia rambled on about some hot guy on the track team. I wasn't really paying attention so I crashed into someone and papers went flying everywhere.

"I'm so sorry! Holy shit!" I said and scrambled to pick papers up.

When I looked up, I was met dark brown eyes and immediately was lost in a trance. The eyes belonged to a man in a blue suit who had light brown hair and a bit of stubble. He was gorgeous.

"My apologies, I didn't see you there." He said in a deep, sexy voice.

"No, it's my fault." I said, picking up the rest of the papers quickly and handed it to him.

"Thank you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have class." He said and kept moving.

"Damn, who was that?" Julia asked as she helped me up.

"No idea."

"Must be new. Anyway..." She went back to telling her story.

All I could think about were those eyes. Hell, I didn't want to forget them.

Hope y'all liked the first chapter! Comment and vote please.