Chapter 16

Lane

I woke up to something warm pressed against me. Letting out a content sigh, I move closer to it and bury my face in the surface.

Then it hit me. I had just slept with someone.

Opening my eyes, I looked up to see Ian sleeping soundly. We were on the couch with all of or clothes on and must have just fallen asleep.

I took my phone out of my back pocket and looked at the time. Four in the morning! Shit! Dads were going to kill me!

"Something wrong?' Ian asked in a husky, sleepy voice and pulled me in closer.

"We fell asleep during the movie. It's four in the morning, I have to go." I said.

He let me go and sat up with me. "I'm so sorry. This whole thing was my fault."

"It's fine. My dads are going to kill me and probably ground me if I get caught, but I'll find a way to come see you." I kissed Ian goodbye. "I'll see you later."

I sped home and parked in the driveway. Hoping my dads would still be asleep, I unlocked the front door and tiptoed in, closing the door quietly. I put my keys down on the table and hung my jacket up, then slowly crept into the living room.

My father sat on the couch with his laptop and sipped his coffee. He looked at me and then went back to what he was writing.

"Go for an early run? Or were you doing drugs with a few dealers downtown?" He asked.

"Morning?" I said sheepishly.

"Really, that's all you have to say to me?" My father put his laptop aside and I knew I was going to get the lecture of a lifetime. "You ran off because you were upset with me and didn't tell me where you were going plus you didn't answer your phone at all. Your dad and I called every single one of your friends and they all said you weren't there. You nearly gave both of us a heart attack and your dad was this close to filing a missing persons report for you." He stood up and walked over to me. "You scared the living shit out of us, Charlie. You could have killed yourself somewhere for all we knew!"

"I'm sorry, Dad." I sighed.

"So tell me, where the hell were you last night?"

"At Trevor's house." I lied.

"Don't tell me your back with him."

"No, I'm not."

My father sighed. "You're grounded for a month and I'm taking away your driving privileges. You'll go to school and come straight home. And give me your phone too."

"Dad, that's so unfair!"

"You shouldn't have done what you did, Charlie. Now hand it over."

I gave him my phone and let out a heavy sigh.

"Go get ready for school." He said.

I nodded and went up to my room. And the torture began.