Chapter 11

The fuckboy himself

Walking around the stadium after school ended, I let out a heavy sigh. Avoiding Trevor today was really hard and I just felt so down. Julia gave me some space and only really talked to me at lunch so I had spent most of the day alone. Until Trevor came around.

"Hey, baby." He said, giving my ass a light smack as he walked by. "You look sexy as always. So are we still going to my house to study and do other things."

Before he could kiss me, I pushed him away. "Not happening today or any day for that matter."

"Why? Are you mad at me or something?"

Meeting his eyes made me want to burst out into tears. I couldn't take it anymore.

"I know you're cheating on me."

"Cheating on you? Why would I cheat on you? I love you and wouldn't give you up for anything."

"You know, I would understand if it were a girl because you're still trying to act straight around most people. But another guy?" I took my phone out and showed him the pictures. "If you wanted to dump me then you should have. Just don't expect that every guy that you kiss wants to have sex with you."

I began to walk away with my eyes glued to the ground.

"Charlie, wait!" I heard Trevor call.

"Sorry, I don't have time for shitty guys like you!" I said without turning back and walked away.

I thought I didn't need him but I was completely wrong.

.      .      .

I took another long drag and let smoke pour out of my mouth. I didn't care whether it was bad for me or not, I just needed to forget about him.

I sat on the swing set of the old park near my elementary school. Oh, the days of innocence when all that mattered was coloring pictures to bring home and playing tag. Now it was about shitty guys and school assignments. All I wanted to do was go back and be that young and free.

Sighing, I put the cigarette between my lips again and shut my eyes. This was the only peace I could get.

"Charlie?"

And that peace was gone.

I opened my eyes to see Mr. Josephs in his car giving me a concerned look. God, I wish I could date a guy like him who actually cared enough.

"Hi." I said with the cigarette still between my lips.

"Get in. Now." He said in a stern voice.

I put my cigarette out and got into the passenger side of his car. He gave me a disappointed look and started to drive.

"What the hell were you doing out there alone? And smoking too?" Ian said like a parent.

"Whatever." I scoffed.

"Where do you live? I'm taking you home."

"Just go to the local strip club and drop me off. That way I can make some money and maybe find a guy who actually cares about me."

"I'm serious, Charlie."

"You aren't my father so stop acting like it."

"Only if you stop being a sarcastic little shit."

"I thought you liked kids. Isn't that why you're a teacher? Oh right, all you've ever done is stand there and look sexy to give us all a distraction."

"So you're hitting on me now, huh?" His voice was a lot more calm but still assertive.

"I'd totally make out with you if I could but I guess I'm too much of a little shit, huh?"

"Aren't you seeing someone?"

"Well he turned out to be a cheating sack of shit so I'm now heart-broken and lonely. I've already made the vow never to open up to someone like that again so that's that."

"Don't give up. You'll find someone."

"Yeah, someone who wants to use me again. Or have sex with me. Or... worse."

Ian looked at me and parted his lips to say something. He pursed them and then parked in a driveway, shutting off the car completely. Then he moved in closer until he was just inches away from my face. I swear, I was about to lean in and kiss those lips at any second.

"Don't give up on every man just because one was an idiot." He moved away, completely leaving me on edge and got out of the car. "Come on."

When I got out, I noticed that we were in his driveway and he was going to unlock the door. He wasn't taking me home. We were going to have a little adventure for ourselves.