Chapter 3

When I got home, my immediate thought was to go to bed and sleep for a while. I knew Dads would nag me about getting my homework done so I plopped down in front of the TV. The second after, Julia called me.

"I've been home for two seconds, someone better have died or I'm hanging up." I said with a sigh.

"You'll never believe what I just found." She said in an excited tone.

"If it's weird porn then I'm not coming over to watch it with you."

"No! I found our math teacher's instagram!!"

"Oh god. How did you find that?"

"Let's just say I snooped around a bit. Anyway, he is so totally hot! I would date him!"

"He could get fired for that so don't."

"Obviously I wouldn't but if I were just a bit older and he were into chicks, I'd tap that."

"Wait, he's gay?"

"Yeah, says it in his bio. All the hot ones are though."

"Will you stop stalking our teacher, please."

"Fine, be that way, grumpy. So how's your boy toy?"

Yes, you heart right, I had a boyfriend. It was supposed to be a secret relationship but one day Julia kind of walked in on us making out. He wasn't out yet and I still had no idea what to call myself so we found it better to keep it a secret. Not even my dads knew.

"He's... fine." I said.

"Really, that's all you give me? Details, man!"

"I haven't seen Trevor in a couple days or really talked to him..." I sighed.

"Why? Don't you guys meet up like every day after school?"

"Yeah, but... something happened."

"I'll come over and bring a pint of ice cream and The Notebook if you want. After we can throw eggs at his house and spray paint a dick on his garage."

"No, it's fine. Really, I'm okay."

"Charlie, we've been friends since we were fresh out of the womb. Before that even. You can tell me anything."

I let out a heavy sigh. "Well, the other day I was at his place and we were making out in his room and stuff. He started to take his clothes off but I didn't. When I asked him what he was doing he said he wanted to have sex with me. But I told him no so he just got his clothes and left."

"So he's mad at you because you didn't want to do the dirty?"

"I guess. I mean, he won't even look at me in the hallway anymore."

"He's not worth it, Charlie. He should love you whether you want to have sex or not. Dump his lame ass and find a better guy."

My father walked into the house at that moment and I immediately panicked a bit.

"It's okay, Jules. I don't mind helping you with homework. I'll see you tomorrow." I said in a calm tone and hung up.

"Hey, kid." My father smiled and put his things down on the table. "You could have gone over there to help Julia with her homework. As long as you left a note I would have been fine with it."

"It was just a History question. Nothing too big." I shrugged and turned my attention back to the TV.

"Your dad will be home soon, there's just a lot going on at the station right now." He said and sat down with me.

"Dad, can I ask you something?" I said in a small voice.

"Of course, you can ask me anything."

"How did you know you were gay?"

"How did I know? Well, I didn't at first. Back in high school, I was a bit of a ladies man if I don't say so myself. I kissed a lot of girls who were all lovely and beautiful including your mother. But I didn't have the same feeling of what everyone described it to be. I thought that if I kept trying that maybe one day I would get to have that feeling of being in love but it never happened. Then, I kissed your dad for the first time and immediately I felt everything that I was supposed to. That's when it all really clicked for me. And here I am married to him seventeen years later."

I nodded and looked down at my hands.

"Are you having thoughts or questioning your sexuality, Charlie."

"Yeah, a little."

"Well, no matter who you are or who you love, your dad and I will always love you. Even if you come out as transgender or demisexual, you are still our child and we'll still embarrass you as much as we can either way."

"Thanks, Dad."

"No problem. Now go do your homework before I post all of your embarrassing baby photos on Facebook."

I put my hands up to surrender and walked upstairs. Looking at my phone I saw that Julia had texted me a picture of Mr. Josephs shirtless with the caption 'don't tell me u wouldn't tap that ;)'

I rolled my eyes and walked to my room. She was definitely crazy.