Chapter 30

I got home from school the next day and immediately started planning out how I was going to run away. My bag was already packed and ready to go so I just had to get Ian on board.

"Hey, kid. I have a conference call with my publisher so don't be too loud down here." My father told me.

Perfect.

Once my father went upstairs to the office, I rushed over to the landline and took the piece of paper with Ian's number scribbled on it out of my pocket. I punched it in and then listened to the ringing.

"Hello." Ian answered.

"Ian, it's me, baby. I got my phone taken away. Look, my parents know about us and aren't too happy so I'm leaving. Pack up everything and meet me at the high school tonight at nine. I love you." I said and quickly hung up.

Hopefully this would run smoothly.

.     .     .

Dinner was quiet. My dads didn't really even look at me as we ate but after tonight they wouldn't have to deal with me.

I stayed up in my room after dinner, pretending to do homework when I was really just passing the time. My eyes fell on the letter that I was given yesterday. I realized I hadn't read it yet so I figured I'd give that a shot. I opened it carefully and unfolded the paper.

Dear Charlie,

You're eighteen already! I can't believe it! Writing this, I can just imagine you being so big and growing into a fine young man.

You probably don't remember me at all so that's why I left the picture. You really were an adorable baby. Everyone that held you was loved by you and made you smile. I really do miss those days when you were so small.

I've made many mistakes in life. When you came into the world, I nearly panicked because I didn't have a stable career and hadn't even started college. But you were no mistake. You were the greatest bundle of joy in my life. But as years passed, I realized how hard it was to raise a child.

The reason why I'm writing this letter is because I want you to know the truth. I have to leave because I can't take care of you anymore. But Sam and Lane will be better parents to you that I will ever be. That's why I've trusted them to raise you.

I'm really sorry that it had to be like this. But I will always love you, Charlie. You're my son and always will be.

Love,

Mom

I put the letter down before my tears could drip onto the page. My mother left me? Why couldn't my dads help her? Was it all because of me?

I rushed downstairs and over to my dads who were sitting in the living room.

"You lied to me! My mother left me!" I yelled as the tears kept coming.

"Charlie, she had to. There was no way she could have raised you." Dad explained.

"So what, is she still alive? Did you lie about that too?"

"The night she left was the night she got into the car accident. She was killed on impact, Charlie." My father stated.

"No. I won't believe it." I said, grabbing my keys and rushing out the door.

I drove around until the pain was gone. How could she do this? How could she just leave me like that?

Getting out of my car, I waited in the school parking lot for Ian. Luckily, my bag was already in my trunk and I was ready to take off. When Ian's car pulled up, I immediately felt a wave of relief wash over me.

"Charlie?" Ian called out.

I rushed over to him and hugged him tight, reaching up to kiss his lips. "I'm so glad you came. I love you so much."

"I love you too." He said and pecked my lips. "And I'm so sorry I had to do this to you, love."

My father's car pulled up beside us and I looked to him in horror. But his calm expression gave away everything. He had told my dads about running away. He ratted me out.

"Charlie, get in the car now." My father ordered.

"How could you do this to me?" I asked my boyfriend.

"We can't do this anymore. It's better to end it before things get too bad." Ian told me.

My dad led me to the car and put me in the back seat.

"Stay away from my son or it will be the last thing you do." My father threatened the man I love.

"No problem." He said smoothly like I meant nothing to him.

As we drove away, I looked back at Ian who was waving goodbye. That was the last time I saw Ian Josephs.

The next chapter is the Epilogue so that means the story is ending :( I hope you all enjoyed this story and be sure to vote and comment.