Chapter 9

Grandma Linda

I sat and did my homework in my room. My door opened and my grandma walked in. No, not the grandma I had just found out about, my Dad's mother. She was cool and my dads called her over whenever they didn't know how to talked to me.

"Hi, sweetie." She smiled and sat down.

"Hey, grandma." I said.

"So, your dads wanted me to talk to you because grandma knows everything. I heard you found out about the homophobic grandma."

"Yeah."

"Honey, even though your dad didn't tell me, I knew he and your father were together long before they even told me they were gay. Hell, your father was like a part of the family. I knew his mother and I also knew she was absolutely nuts. So I became like a second mother to your father. And I knew everything that went on with all those boys. Even when they were fooling around instead of studying upstairs."

"Gross." I grimaced.

"If you really want to know what happened, I suggest you read this." She handed me a book. "That's the first book your father wrote."

"Wait, my father wrote this? The same guy who's downstairs right now?"

"Yep. It's all about how he fell in love with your Dad and how you came into all of our lives." She smiled. "Don't worry, I marked the chapters where they have sex. I don't want you to be scarred for life."

"Oh god I really didn't need that image in my head."

"At least you've never walked in on them. That's something a mother can never unsee."

Julia walked in and smiled. "Mind if I steal Charlie away from you?"

"Sure." Grandma looked to me. "A word of advice, don't walk into your dads room past nine without knocking first." She said and walked out.

Jules closed the door and gave a nervous smile. "Hey pal."

"Oh god, what did you do?" I asked her.

"Charlie, you are a great guy and really are sweet and stuff. You deserve someone special and loving."

"Again, what the hell did you do?"

"I may have found out something." She sat down across from me.

"Well don't leave me hanging."

"I caught Trevor kissing another guy." She said, making my heart sink. "I even have the pictures to prove it."

I wanted to just cry and punch a wall. How could he do this to me?

"I brought ice cream and a bunch of chick flicks if you want to cry and do all of the above." She said and hugged me. "I'm here for you."

"Can I just have an hour to myself?"

"Sure, if you need me I'm one call away." Jules got up and left.

I planted my face in my pillow and bawled my eyes our. Just when I thought I was in a good relationship, it had to be ruined.