Chapter 29

"Tell me something no one really knows about you. I feel like I've only scratched the surface of who you are." Ian said as we lay in bed together.

"Surprisingly, I am not adopted." I chuckled.

"Really?"

"Yeah, my father had sex with his ex girlfriend when he was really drunk one night and then out I came."

"Are you close with your mother?"

I paused for a moment as a wave of sadness washed over me. "She died in a car accident when I was three."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I don't really remember her so I guess I can't be sad about it."

"Still, it must be hard knowing that."

"Yeah." I sighed. "What about you?"

"When I was younger I wanted to be a weatherman."

"A weatherman? That's so lame." I chuckled.

"Hey, it seemed cool at the time. But I gave up my dream and realized that I wanted to be a teacher. I'm actually glad I gave up my dream, otherwise I wouldn't have met the cutest boy in the world."

I smiled and kissed his lips. "You would've made a hot weatherman."

"Thank you."

I looked at the clock and sighed. It was passed midnight and I probably should have been getting home since my dads were going to kill me anyway.

"I have to go. I'm sorry." I told him.

"Don't be, there's always tomorrow, love." 

I got up and put my clothes back on, wincing at the slight pain and soreness in my ass. Ian stood and smiled at me, knowing he was going to miss me after we parted ways.

"I love you, baby. Remember that." He told me and kissed my lips.

"I love you too. I'll call you tomorrow."

With one last kiss, I was out the door. A huge grin stayed on my face as I drove home. I was so in love! I couldn't wait to see him again.

I took a deep breath and closed the front door behind me quietly so I wouldn't wake my dads. Tiptoeing upstairs ever so slightly, I held my breath and made it to my room.

Home free and didn't even get caught, I thought as I opened my bedroom door.

I was faced with both my dads standing in my room with their arms cross and a disappointed look.

"Where have you been, young man?" My father asked.

I smiled sheepishly. "Uh... library?"

"Sit down. You have a lot of explaining to do, Charlie."

I plopped down on my bed and gave my parents another nervous smile. Yep, I was really screwed and probably grounded for life.

"Let's start off with where the hell were you tonight?" Dad asked.

"Over at Julia's." I lied.

"Wrong, we checked there." My father said.

"Okay, I was at Trevor's." I sighed and acted like I was telling the truth.

"Wrong again, we checked there too."

"Charlie, just tell us the truth already." Dad sighed.

I paused for a moment, my heart hammering and my throat forming into a knot.

"I was at my boyfriend's house." I confessed truthfully.

"At one in the morning?" My father said in a stern voice.

"He wanted to give me my birthday present."

"Which was?"

"A record player and... other things."

"We know we can't prevent you from having sex but please say you wore a condom." Dad buried his face in his hands out of stress.

"Yes." I told them.

"Well, we're going to meet this boy." My father demanded and stood.

"I can't."

"And why not?"

I sighed. "There's a bit of an age gap between us, which you won't like."

"Charlie, how old is he?" Dad pressed.

"Twenty-nine."

My dads exchanged glances of horror and I knew I was in for a good lecture.

"So you mean to tell us that you've been dating and having sex with a man who's only six years younger than us?" My father said in a tone of both anger and worry.

"Yes." I said with a shaky breath following.

"And how do you know he's not a sex offender?" Dad asked.

"Because he's a teacher and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have a job teaching if he did."

"Charlie, your a minor and he had sex with you. That's illegal."

"No, because I'm eighteen. Tonight was the first time we had sex."

"He's using you."

"He isn't. I love him and he loves me back. He refused to do anything sexual with me until I verbally stated that I was ready. And tonight I did that. Everything was consensual. Even the kissing was. He's a good man and I really do love him. I don't care if there is an age gap. And if you try to lock me in here and prevent me from seeing him, then I'll find a way to get out and run away with him."

"Fine, we'll meet him. And I'll make sure that he never comes near you again." My father stated. "You're grounded for six months too."

"But that's until summer."

"I know. Give me your phone too."

With a sigh, I handed my phone over. I had majorly fucked up this time.

"Get some sleep. You have school tomorrow." Dad said as they left room.

Thank god I had written Ian's number down previously. I just had to call him when my dads weren't around and tell him that we were taking off. I wasn't going to let my dads stop me from loving him.