Chapter 20

"Can I have my phone back now?" I asked in a whiney tone.

"Nope, you still have twenty seconds left." My father said and crossed his arms.

"Do you seriously have to do this, Lane?" My dad asked him.

"Fifteen seconds."

I waited patiently until the time was up. Then, my father handed my phone over with a reluctant sigh.

"You're officially not grounded. But if you ever do something like that again, I'm sending you to boot camp." My father said in a stern tone.

I had dialed Julia's number and she had answered. "I'M FREE, BITCHES!!!"

"WOOOO!!!" Jules cheered on the other end.

"Your not off the hook yet, mister." Dad said.

I sighed and hung up. "I promise I won't go to boy's houses passed midnight and stuff."

"Okay, and your curfew will now be ten PM, you have to call or text us where you are at all times, and if you lie about where you are, we'll track your phone." My father stated.

"That's so unfair." I looked toward Dad. "Please tell him this is unfair."

"Your father and I have both agreed that this is the way it's going to be until we can trust you." Dad told me.

"But I'm a good kid! I don't drink or do drugs so why are you being so harsh on me?" I asked, crossing my arms and pouting like a five year old.

"You ran away and we didn't know where the hell you were for a night, Charlie. I don't want to lose my only son thank you very much." My father said.

"Whatever, I'm going to Jules's house." I mumbled and walked out the door.

I took the short drive to Julia's house and got out, knocking on the door. Jules opened it with her pajamas on and an irritated look.

"I was in the middle of eating Doritos and watching Supernatural to this better be fucking good, Hart." Jules said.

"She/her today, right?" I asked for assurance.

"Yes, now goodbye." She went to close the door.

"Wait!" I said and slid in before the door closed. "I need you to take a selfie with me so I can send it to my dads so they think I'm here so I can go see Ian."

"Ian? Is that the name of your mystery boy?"

Shit! It must have slipped. Thankfully Julia didn't know Mr. Josephs' first name so she had no clue.

"Yes, and I haven't seen or talked to him in a week so you have to help me out here." I said with a sigh.

"Give me your phone." She said and snatched it, then taking a million selfies. "Feel free to jump in when you want."

I faked being happy just for the sake of Ian. Then I took my phone back, sending one of the photos to my dads with the caption 'PROOF'.

"Thanks, Jules. See ya." I said and rushed off.

My heart did a backflip when I pulled into Ian's driveway and rushed up his porch steps. He was sitting outside on the bench swing with a book in his hands when I nearly jumped on him, pecking his lips repeatedly.

"I missed you so much. I don't know how I survived a entire fucking week without you." I muttered and kept kissing him.

"Missed you too, baby." He pulled me into his lap and kissed my cheek.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face into the crook of it. "Don't leave me again."

"I won't. I promise." He said and rubbed circles into my back. "You mean too much to me."