Chapter 5

Julia

It was noon by the time I woke up on Saturday and I was planning on doing absolutely nothing. I was beat after the football game class night and the little congratulatory make out I had with Trevor after. Things were good.

"Look who's alive." My father said with a chuckle as I walked into the living room.

"We were about to make lunch since you missed breakfast. Eggs and bacon are in the fridge if you want." Dad said.

The second I put the eggs in the microwave, the front door opened and Julia rushed in.

"Sorry Mr. H and Mr. H, but big news." Jules said and rushed over to me. "Have you heard what?"

"Heard what?" I yawned and took my food out of the microwave.

"It's like all over Twitter!"

"Sorry, I just woke up."

"God, you have to stop making out with Trevor behind the stands after games." She rolled her eyes.

"We'll be discussing that later, young man!" My father said making me sigh.

"What happened? Did someone's nudes get leaked again?"

"Well, that's like every day in high school, but no. Mr. Josephs quit!"

"What?"

"I know, right! Everyone's talking about it!"

"But why would he quit? He seemed to like teaching."

"No idea. There's a bunch of rumors going around but who knows what's true."

I looked over at my father. "Dad, do you know anything?"

He sighed. "Of course I know, but you two cannot say a word to anyone or post it on social media."

"Trust me, I'm no snitch and I'd kick your son's ass if he said anything." Julia stated.

"Good to know for future reference." My father sighed. "Well, there was a woman who came in one day and starting yelling at him for some odd reason. She stormed out and then later that day he resigned."

"Probably a bitchy wife." I muttered under my breath.

Julia hit me in the gut making me groan.

"Oh shut up. Next time it will be in the balls." She said.

"That sucks though. He was a cool teacher." I said and rubbed my stomach.

"Your History teacher is retiring at the end of the semester by the way." My father smirked.

"Hallelujah! The old man is gone!" I cheered.

"The English teachers know everything. Remember that."

"Ugh, I have to get to work. The boring job of being a Starbucks barista." Jules sighed.

"I'll just chill out there and free you of boredom." I looked to my dads. "Please can I hang out at Starbucks for a few hours, dads?"

"As long as you don't go in your pajamas." Dad chuckled.

"I'll be two seconds." I said to Jules and rushed upstairs to get changed.

It was about time I had another adventure with my best friend.