Chapter 6

"You made my coffee wrong again." I said with a smirk and handed my cup to Julia.

By then, she was pissed. "I swear to god once I'm done here I'm going to beat you over the head, Hart."

I had already said that she made my order wrong three times so I could get a couple free refills. Yeah, I was definitely dead by the time Julia went on break.

Feeling a bit jittery, I sat down and sipped my coffee. Trevor kept texting me some shirtless selfies which I didn't mind one bit. Then I snapped out of my love daze when I heard a familiar voice.

I turned to see Mr. Josephs ordering a coffee and Jules going to make it. With a sigh, I got up and tapped his shoulder.

"Charlie, fancy meeting both you and Julia here at the same time." My former teacher smiled.

"Sir, can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Of course. But you don't have to call me 'sir' or 'Mr. Josephs'. I'm not your teacher anymore so you can just call me Ian." He said and sat down with me. "So, what's on your mind?"

"I know it's none of my business, but I was just wondering why you quit."

He sighed. "It was for personal reasons. You wouldn't understand."

"It was the woman who came in, right?"

Ian paused and just gazed at me for a second. "Yes, she was the reason I quit."

"Why let her prevent you from doing something you love?"

"That was my ex girlfriend actually. To put it simply, we dated in college and I broke up with her because she was crazy. I've moved three times since and somehow she's found me again. So I quit and now I'm in the process of moving again."

"I think you should tell her to fuck off and then stay. We all really miss you. You've made math not lame."

"Thank you, Charlie. But I really do have to go." He said, getting up.

I grabbed his hand to stop him and immediately felt warmth on my cheeks and butterflies in my stomach.

Ian turned and looked at me with his brown eyes shining in the light.

"Please don't go." I begged.

"I'm sorry, Charlie." He said and walked out.

I was left with a sinking feeling in my chest and an odd thought in my mind. This was strange.