Chapter 23

Charlie <3

"Ugh, I don't get this!!!" I exclaimed and sat back in my chair. "Math is so impossible!!"

"It's not impossible. You just have to try." Ian told me.

"Can't we just skip to the part where we're making out?" I put my hand on his and grinned. "Who needs Math anyway?"

"Charlie, I may be your boyfriend but I still have to make sure you pass math."

"I love it when you say we're boyfriends."

"I'm serious. Do the next equation for me and maybe I'll reward you with a kiss after."

A month had passed by since the whole drinking incident. My dads still had no clue about my relationship with Ian and I wanted to keep it that way.

"So, what do you want for Christmas?" I asked casually as I finished up the problem.

"I don't really need anything, but if there's something you want, I'll be happy to get it for you."

I paused and bit my lip. "You."

"Just me?"

"In a bed with me."

"Charlie, I-"

"I know that you don't want to until I'm ready. But I am. My birthday is a few days before so everything will be fine."

"Are you sure that's what you want?"

"I can't stay a virgin forever."

"Okay." He kissed my cheek.

. . .

When I walked into my house, there was a strange silence. Dads weren't in the living room or kitchen or anywhere.

"Dads?" I called out as I walked up the stairs.

"In here." I heard Dad call from his room.

I walked in and saw my dad straight ing his work uniform as if he had just put it on.

"Where's Dad?" I asked.

"Hospital." He answered.

"Why? What happened?"

"His father is getting worse and they think it may be close to his time."

"Why didn't you tell me? I would have been home earlier."

"Because I need to go to work and you're going to be home alone anyway."

"Why can't I go?"

"Charlie, I don't think your grandfather would want you to see him like that. Plus, it's a very sad thing to see someone pass away. You don't need to see that."

"Please, Dad. This is the one chance I have to meet him."

"Honey, I had to see my father pass away at a very young age. No one in my family was the same for about a year. You shouldn't have to go through that." He sighed. "Please stay here. Your father will be home soon."

I plopped down on the couch after my dad left and took out my phone, calling Ian.

"Hey, baby. What's up?" He answered.

"Nothing much. I'm just home alone and have nothing to do." I sighed.

"I would come over but your parents would probably find us making out and kill me."

"I'll think we'll be fine. My dad just left for work and my father is at the hospital with my dying grandfather."

"Oh god, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I've never met him before."

"Do you need anything? I can bring you tissues and chocolates if it'll make you feel better."

"I'm okay. But I could use some company."

"I'll be right over."

A few minutes later, I heard a car pull into the driveway and a smile crept onto my face. I quickly opened the door and jumped into Ian's arms.

"Someone's happy to see me." He chuckled and carried me over to the couch.

"I missed you even though I only saw you an hour ago." I said and showered his face with kisses.

"I missed you too." He sat down and pulled me into his lap.

"I'm clingy, don't judge me."

"I never said I was judging you."

"So, would you like to do a bit of Netflix and chill?"'

"What the hell is Netflix and chill?"

"Wow, you are old."

"Tell me about it. Now, explain what this new terminology that you kids are using these days."

"I'm going to put a movie on but its gonna be a shitty one so we can make out." I said and stood up, grabbing the remote to pick a movie.

"Well, I do have to say that I like the view from here." He chuckled and reached over to give my ass a light smack.

My cheeks burned and I realized I was only in a pair of tight boxers and an old t-shirt.

"I should have changed before you came over. I'm such an idiot." I muttered and sat back down next to him.

"You look beautiful. In fact, you look amazing in just about anything." Ian put his arm around me and kissed my lips.

My blush depended and I didn't know what to say.

"I never thought I would meet someone like you. You're so cute and sweet. It feels right when I kiss you. Like for once in my life I'm in a good place." He placed his finger under my chin. "I love you, Charlie."

Okay, I'll admit I was blushing like a school girl that was noticed by her crush but that didn't matter. Ian loved me! And I loved him!

"I-I love you too!" I stuttered.

He kissed my lips and wrapped his arms around me. It was all fun and games until my father's car pulled into the driveway.