Chapter 7

Ian ;)

After waking up, I walked downstairs and slumped down on the couch. Monday again, ugh. This first day with a new math teacher would especially be difficult.

"Dads, can I stay home today?" I asked as I lay languidly on the couch.

My dad walked over to me and put his hand on my forehead. "No fever, no paleness, and I haven't seen you cough or throw up yet. You're going to school, kid."

"I think our son just wants to get out of math class, Sam. He has a new teacher." My father said, catching onto my little act.

"I wish I was a girl so I could have period cramps and stay home." I muttered under my breath and walked into the kitchen to get breakfast.

"Honey, we're friends with many women and from what they've described period cramps to be, you really do not want them."

"And what if I'm trans?" I crossed my arms.

"I can tell by the sarcasm in your tone that you're joking. Transgender men and women go through a lot more pain than you think with dysphoria and the excruciating surgery. Don't just joke about that because you want to stay home to get out of a class."

"Sorry."

"Looks like we got someone else's mail yet again." Dad sighed. "We've been in this house for seventeen years and they still don't know where to leave freakin mail."

"I can go drop it off after school." I volunteered. "Whoever it belongs to might have got shipped the birthday present I ordered for Jules."

"That's fine with me. But you can't read it, that's against the law and I will arrest you."

"Yes, Dad, I know." I mumbled and made my way upstairs to get dressed.

School was boring as always but the day went by fast. After I was finally freed from the prison-like facility, I drove home and picked up that letter.

After driving a couple blocks, I finally made it to the house. It was small enough for a family of three or four to live in but looked cute and homey. The porch had one of those bench swings on it and it looked like a perfect place to sit and talk with your significant other.

I rang the doorbell and waited patiently. But the person I least expected answered the door.

"Ian..." I blurted out in surprise.

"Hi, Charlie. What are you doing here?" He asked. He was in kakis and a plain t-shirt but still managed to look hot as hell.

"Uh... I guess some of your mail got delivered to my house."

"Come in."

I stepped inside and gazed at the walls covered in paintings and drawings in just about every room. They were all different but equally astounding.

"My brother goes to art school. He gives me his pieces that he doesn't want or thinks aren't good enough." He explained after shutting the door.

"Tell your brother that he's amazing and extremely talented." I said. "You have a really nice place by the way."

"Thank you."

"Can I ask you something? It's going to sound really stupid though."

"There are no stupid questions. Ask away."

"Look, I really suck at math. And I mean really suck at it. I mean, it's like gibberish to me. So I was wondering that maybe if you had a bit of extra time, you could tutor me. Obviously I'll pay you and everything,"

"Of course, but I'm doing it for free. I love teaching math and would never make you pay me for helping you with it. We'll start Friday and meet here."

"Okay. I'll see you then." I handed him his mail and left.

I couldn't wait for Friday.