Chapter 22

Mrs. Winchester, Julia's mom

"Popcorn is ready." I said and plopped down on the couch with Ian. "And now we can make out while the movie plays in the background."

"You seem so sure of that." He smiled and grabbed the bowl from me.

"Because I know you, Ian Josephs. And I know that you're just dying to make out with me. I mean, it's been days since you've seen me because I've been so swamped with school." I said, leaning in to kiss his lips.

He broke the kiss and smiled. "Sorry, baby. Food comes first."

He put a handful of popcorn in his mouth making me roll my eyes. Yep, he was a keeper. Lucky me.

"I hate you." I crossed my arms and pouted.

"I know you do." He pressed play and put his arm around me. "That's why we're in a relationship."

I took the remote and paused the movie. "Can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course." Ian put the popcorn aside. "What's wrong?"

"Don't get me wrong, I love dating you and going on cute dates and stuff, but it's been a month and a half. I'm a little tired of always staying cooped up in here. I want to actually go out for a date for once."

"Okay, I'll take you out. It's no problem."

I smiled and kissed his cheek. "You're the best."

"You don't have to tell me, baby. I already know."

I leaned in and kissed his lips. Ian pulled me onto his lap and took over, biting at my bottom lip and moving his hands down to my waist.

"What happened to caring more about food than me?" I chuckled as he kissed my neck.

"Right now, you're all I ever want to care about." He said and nipped at my flushed skin.

And of course, my phone had to ring.

I let out a sigh and answered it, thinking it would be my dads. But instead, it was Julia.

"Jules, what's up?" I asked as Ian continued to do his thing.

"Fuck you." I heard my friend slur on the other end.

"What?"

"Fuck you, Charlie."

"Julia, are you drunk?" I said and stood up, pacing around the room.

"You don't know how lucky you are to be born with a dick. You just lived a perfect life with your perfect dads and your perfect white skin and your perfect boyfriend, don't you. Well, fuck you, Charlie Hart. Fuck you and your perfect life."

She hung up on me and I put my phone away. Ian was giving me a look of worry and concern.

"I am really sorry, but I have to leave. My friend... she's drunk and I have to go over there to make sure she's okay." I sighed.

"I'll go with you." He said and stood.

"She can't know about us, okay?"

"She won't remember. Charlie, I can't let you get hurt."

I sighed. "Come on."

. . .

Ian and I got out of the car and rushed toward the front door. Luckily, it was open so we went right in.

"Jules?" I called out.

"I'll check down here. Go look upstairs." He said.

I walked up the steps and carefully checked each room until I found her on the floor of her bedroom. Jules was leaned up against the wall with a bottle in her hands.

"Jules." I knelt down to her. "What the hell happened to you?"

"You're silly." She chuckled and poked my face.

"Ian, I found her!" I called out with a sigh.

He rushed up the stairs and walked in, looking at my friend with disappointment. "Wow."

"I know, she's wasted." I took the bottle away from her and handed it to him. "Can you dump this out and get rid of it?"

He took the bottle and walked back downstairs.

"Okay, let's get you into bed." I slung her arm around my shoulder and tried to walk her over to her bed.

Maybe I did nearly drop her but that's not the point. For someone so slim she was like a brick.

"God, what have you been eating." I groaned and struggled to keep her up.

Finally, I got Jules down on the bed after many attempts. After having her kick me in the face a few times, I got her shoes off too.

"Time for bed." I said and pushed her down a bit.

"But I'm not tired." She whined.

I heard a shrilling scream coming from downstairs.

"Oh god. Stay here."

I rushed downstairs to see Ian with his hands up and Julia's mother aiming a gun at him in full uniform.

"Charlie, get behind me now. Call your dad and tell him it's urgent." She said.

"Mrs. Winchester, please put the gun down." I said and walked down the stairs.

"This isn't the time."

"That's my boyfriend." I said, immediately regretting it.

Mrs. Winchester put the gun down and looked at me.

"I know, I have a ton of explaining to do and I'm sorry. Just please don't tell my dads." I walked over to Ian.

"Just explain what's going on. Why are you in my house? Where's Julia?" She asked.

"Ian and I were on a date when Julia called me and she was really drunk so we came over to check if she was okay. She's upstairs right now."

She sighed. "Thank you for taking care of my daughter and she's grounded. But as a parent, I want to know what's going on with you too."

I sighed. "Ian and I are dating and he's a few years older than me. But my dads can't find out or I'll never be able to date again."

Ian smiled sheepishly. "Hello."

Mrs. Winchester sighed and buried her face in her hands. "You were supposed to be the good child that I never had."

"I know you work with my dad and stuff but can you please not tell him or my father."

"As long as you promise to use protection and never let my daughter get drunk again."

"Thank you so much."

"I'll handle her. Get home before your dads start worrying."

I nodded and looked to Ian, taking his hand and leading him out of the house. That was a close one.