Epilogue

*Fall*

"And I think that was the last box." Dad said as he placed one down on my bed.

"It's safe to say that you're moved in." My father smiled and ruffled my hair. "My baby boy is all grown up."

"We're going to miss you."

They both hugged me tight and didn't let go for a few minutes. I was leaving them. They would just sit at home without me there now while I was off partying at college. I couldn't wait.

"Okay, you're crushing me." I gasped for air as they let go.

"Make some fantastic movies to bring home." Dad smiled.

"Knock knock." I heard a familiar voice.

I turned to see Julia and my boyfriend, Gavin, standing in my doorway. I immediately rushed over and jumped into Gavin's arms.

Over the summer when I was finally not grounded, I met a really hot guy while lifeguarding. We went on a few dates and eventually fell in love. He was only a year older than me and went to the same college I was going to. We were both huge movie geeks and didn't stop taking about them during dates. Gavin and I were perfect together.

"I feel offended that you hug him first and not me." Jules scoffed and crossed her arms.

I hugged my best friend tight and almost killed her in doing so. Jules was going to art school a few towns over so I only got to see her on weekends. We were still the best of friends though.

"We better get going." My father said.

"Okay, I'll walk you guys out." I smiled.

Jules and Gavin followed as I walked my dads to the car and sat goodbye to them. They drove off and I was left with a smile on my face, knowing I was finally an adult.

"Hey, isn't that Mr. Josephs, our old math teacher?" Jules pointed at the guy.

"Oh yeah," I turned to my friend. "He was the mystery guy, by the way."

I rushed over to Ian with a smile, waving at him so he would stop.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm teaching actually." He answered with a smile.

"Really? That's great."

"I'm guessing you're going to school here."

"Yeah. This is my first year."

"That's fantastic." He smiled. "I'm hoping we can put the past behind us."

"We sure can."

"Great. Have a fantastic year." He smiled and walked off.

I walked back to my boyfriend and friend with a grin. "Well come on, we have places to explore and people to make fun of."

For once I was finally at peace with the world. And the world was at peace with me too.

🎉 You've finished reading The Insanity Of Loving You (boyxboy) {Book Two of the Insanity Of... Series} 🎉